Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the registry on tuesday at lunch to register the burger 650. yes, I rode it there, the bike had cabin fever. I live north of boston so it has been about 3 1/2 months since it has seen the road. Pulled into the registry in Lowell, took off the helmet, jacket, gloves, put them under the seat and closed it. turned around and a cop was pulling up behind me and told me that the registration was expired. I pulled out the new one and told him he is correct, that is why I am here, to register it. He told me it was illegal to ride it not being registered. I had to say it,,,,,,,,," Officer, what makes you assume I rode the bike here,,,,,, why I pushed it, after all,,,,, it is only a scooter,,,,,," Well, he got out of his cruiser, and then asked me if it was really a scooter, I told him yes. he asked if he can take it for a quick ride in the parking lot and I told him that that would be illegal until I registered it, lol lol, he said ok and got back into his cruiser. I went, registered it,,, when I came out, he was there waiting. I put the sticker on the bike, he had his helmet in the back of his cruiser,, he was assigned a car that day vrs his bike, and I let him take it for a ride in the lot. He took my info as he was interested in talking more about the burg650, well, he called me today,,,,, he bought a burg 650 05 LOL LOL LOL. and thanked me for the ride on mine. He will be by this saturday so we can go riding :lol:

·
Registered
925 Posts
That's a great story, thanks for sharing it with us!! :D It just goes to show you how impressive the 650 actually is. I know several people who said they would never own one, but that quickly changed once they rode one. I guess it's not hard to get over the whole "scooter" image once you see how fast the 650 can go.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
He wasn't after you for a ticket ... he wanted a test ride. :) Be sure you point him toward the forums next time you see him.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Great read. Just think now you and your new riding buddy can go on lang fast rides and not get speeding tickets. :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
As a retired LEO, I particularly appreciated that story. It sounds like something I would have done. Burgmans have a way of bringing the beast, I mean best out in people. :D

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
That's pretty darn cool. Hopefully you'll make a good new friendship!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts