Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some reflective kits for wheel rims in the past. Some are pretty pricey. I've felt this works intuitively, but never took a picture before.

As you can see, each of the strips is only about 1.5 inches long, and spaced evenly around the rim. If the bike is moving though, the mind fills in the gaps.

[attachment=1:2rtl6bdi]P1030835a.jpg[/attachment:2rtl6bdi]

When moving, I think this is a close approximation of what cars will see. The rim doesn't vanish in the night, but is lit up as a solid circle.

[attachment=0:2rtl6bdi]P1030831a.jpg[/attachment:2rtl6bdi]

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was looking at a website I had bookmarked today concerning this very thing. This company has the wheel kits for $15

http://www.glsigns.com/catalog/product_info.php. ( I hope the link works).
I have also seen picture, I think on the ozium website where some one had the flexible light strips around their disk brakes to light the bike up. Always nice to be seen and not hit. :shock:

Felix the cat

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Don't know if you guys get these reflective wheel strips as standard on the new US versions of the Burgman 400, but we do over here in the Uk. I'm talking about the 400z ABS model 'limited' edition. It's peace of mind when waiting at a junction at night in gloomy conditions. They show up really well like yours Daboo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts