Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm referring to the shield on the right side that keeps you from burning yourself on the muffler. Has anyone done this. Mine is all chipped up and looks bad. We all know chrome "paint" from the hardware store looks like garbage. And I have found many expensive sprays online. But for me the cost's outweigh the benefit.

Since I do vinyl as a side gig, I may try wrapping it with chrome vinyl, I'm just not sure how it will hold up the the heat. I'm thinking it might be ok, since it doesn't seem to get that hot anyway. Anyone one tried this or found a better cheap alternative to repair the chrome?

If anyone knows of a cheap replacement I'm all ears also.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Plastic parts can be re-chromed, I have had small parts redone (door handles and the like) for as little as $25, my guess for heat shield would be $100 to $125--check around locally, or Google "re-chroming plastic"...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I don't think anything would be cheaper than wrap, not and look good. The edges of the wrap might be close enough to the exhaust pipe that they might melt. The adhesive may also fail at the edges causing pealing. Only way to find out is to try. Considering it would only cost a few bucks I say give it a try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts