Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Reevu rear view helmet?
I have been reading about it but spending $400.00 and then Skully is soon releasing their helmet, I don't have an idea of the price but it looks very nice with rear camera, bluetooth, gps.
I found Reevue full face @ $399.00 for the non modular. Modukar goes for $479.00. I have never had a full face but have been thinking about it for safety. I'm interested in the rear view technology, seems to be great for safety. don't have to take my eyes of the road to see behind me. just wonder from someone that has actually used one what the feedback is. that is why I asked if someone has tried this helmet?
Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have not personally seen this helmet, I'm sure if it's what fits you in both your head and your pocketbook then it's probably fine. Way too many helmets to pick from in today market, but comfort is what I would look for. If the mirror option works for you then buy it, I personally wouldn't buy a helmet for it. I'm so old school that I can remember when Bell Helmets slogan was, "If you have a $10.00 head buy a $10.00 helmet, if you value your head more, then buy a Bell".

John

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I've tested the Reevu helmet for 20 minutes and to be honest, although the rear view mirror works, it isn't necessarily better than checking on your own mirrors. If you ask me I'd say to hold off on that helmet, it's more than geeky helmet that something that is really useful.

if you are worry about your blind spots, my suggestion would be to check out Riderscan, ugly but works and its very common in the UK.

http://www.huntercreate.com/shop/riderscan its £39.99.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've been using one for about 2 years and love it. They tend to run slightly larger than most other helmets I've had including Shoei and Scorpion. The ventilation is better than either of those also, but there is more wind noise. The mirror works great! The back end is tinted, so there is no glare in the daylight, and it actually seems to do better at night without any blinding from headlights behind you. I feel that it increases safety a lot, mostly since I can turn my head a very small amount and be able to see to either side of me. No blind spots. It takes some getting used to, but in the end, it just plain makes you more aware of what's behind you and that's never a bad thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts