Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I dont like the cardo devices just because they have many buttons, are bulky and dont like charging batteries everyday, I say this because they are the best out there managing the wind noise, SO:

couldn't find windsocks over here so i went for the cheap workaround.

I took out the small finger of a surgical glove, then took the wind sock off the mic, placed the finger cover over the mic and put the wind sock back on.

Some guys use finger cots, those should work as well, but didn't have them at home so.

I can tell you, there is a big improvement.

I pass this along, hoping to help somebody out there.

ride safe!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks, very interesting!
We tried the hard plastic "X" clip that came with the SMH10 and that did not help reduce wind noise at all.
On the other hand ... we had one of the microphones facing the wrong direction and that was VERY bad. Have to make sure the little "fin" is facing the correct direction, per the instructions.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right, I mounted "the X clip" since day one, but when there are strong winds, it doesn't help much. SENA has released firmware 4.3 that provides some improvements, i will be updating tonight and report back the results.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Black Pantyhose (ankle high hose) or "tights" material works well. If you lady friend catches you taking them.....you are SOL. Don't ask me how I know.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Black Pantyhose (ankle high hose) or "tights" material works well. If you lady friend catches you taking them.....you are SOL. Don't ask me how I know.
lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
right, I mounted "the X clip" since day one, but when there are strong winds, it doesn't help much. SENA has released firmware 4.3 that provides some improvements, i will be updating tonight and report back the results.
Very cool!
Fernando, are you using the intercom on an open-face helmet?
We do, but we have the mic inside our face shields (HJC FG-Jet helmets).

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Lol. I about peed my tights... I mean pants.;)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very cool!
Fernando, are you using the intercom on an open-face helmet?
We do, but we have the mic inside our face shields (HJC FG-Jet helmets).

We use Caberg Duke HIVIZ system helmets, when closed and running over 45MPH it used to get a lot of wind noise, now I tested it last night with somebody calling me and I was using the helmet open (JET mode/chin up) lot of wind and there was a major difference.

so i will put this on the other helmet now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts