Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the 650 Burgman, does it have a rev limiter that does not allow the rpm's to reach the redline on the tach. When in manual mine cuts out at 8000 rpm's, I was wondering if anyone else's did the same. Thanks...

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I looked through the manual and found no mention of a rev limiter. The only reference that I found was in break in procedures and they say not to exceed 8500 rpms at any time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My service manual came in today and found that indeed the fuel and spark is shut down at 8000 rpm's. Just going to have to be a little quicker at the button when showing them Harleys your tail light....

·
Registered
308 Posts
Scutour said:
I don't believe there is any significant performance gain above 7k rpm on the AN650.
You right.

When dragging in the street- Hold front brake, start roll-on, release - dont have to spin rear tire, its just to get a little load on the tranny. Open throttle all the way...

If you are good, you will hit sencond gear on the nose..if not...no problem, it will cut out as you bang into second gear , quite a thrill. As the higher gears go by...not so much drama.

big fun.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I added Formula One pneumatic valve lifters to my 650. I'm redlined now at 14,000 rpm.

LOL

·
Registered
308 Posts
Edwljoseph said:
I added Formula One pneumatic valve lifters to my 650. I'm redlined now at 14,000 rpm.

LOL
Reprogramming the EEROM must have been fun...did you use an ICE or a ROM emu?

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Did you also add the optional 4J6R super air compressor so you can change the red line on the run. 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts