Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Nice, so did you do it or have someone else paint it on?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
That look really super ! :cool:

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
The color suits nicely! which stripe brand was that

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Nice - now add red pin stripes or racing stripes for even more color!

I think that was the seller I got the ones I had on my Zuma. I had orange reflective stripes. I need to get some for my Burg. I do recommend getting the reflective since it adds some safety at night.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It looks nice. The black wheels and poor color choices have kept me from looking at a new Burgman. I was thinking of having the wheels powder coated silver but this would be much cheaper and easier.

Did you apply or have someone else do it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The stripes are cut in an "arc". You use 4 pieces per wheel, per side, and overlap about 1/4".
I use the "wet" method to install. Mix up some soapy water in a spray bottle. Spray both the wheel and the sticky side of the stripe. This gives you time to move it around where you want it. Pat dry when you get it where you want it.

You don't remove the wheels. The only negative effect is you have a sore neck for a few hours from lying on your side and looking up...

I think the overall look is improved. Not "sporty", but with a bit color among the sea of black and gray. BTW, the matte gray is growing on me. Certainly easy to take care of!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Baby shampoo works the best for doing vinyl. You know the no-tears stuff, although it can be a no-name brand. Of coarse they do make special stuff but it is expensive.

I did my wheels when I had them off for tires which made them easy to do. However as otbiker said they are in pieces and you can do it with the wheels on. The front would be easy to get to then the rear however.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts