Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Suzuki did not see fit to indicate at what RPMs the AN400K3 red lines, can anyone help me out? Also does anyone know why Suzuki did not include a red line indicator on the Tach? :?:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think they didn't put in a red line zone because, even when I took
my 400 up to around 150km/h the rpm still wasn't that high. So I
guess there was no need for a red line area.
But if you put it on the centre stand, that's a different story.

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
I just did a quick search of the web looking for info and was unable to locate anything. Just a guess .... with the CVT they don't expect you to redline the Burgman so they didn't feel it needed to be marked.

·
Registered
605 Posts
So the question remains....when you were doing the top speed what was the rpms?? I'm really curious what rpms the motors spins at 155 km/hr.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Timothy Ma
So the question remains....when you were doing the top speed what was the rpms?? I'm really curious what rpms the motors spins at 155 km/hr.
I think top speed will depend on a few factors -weight-wind-tire pressure - so no two bikes will have the same top speed with the same rpm in real life riding.
Just a guess but I believe there is no red line because Burgman's with the CVT can not go fast enough.
Another words the wheels or the CVT reach terminal speed but the engine has not

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
Timothy Ma said:
I never thought to look at the RPMs when I had my 400 at 95 MPH. There were other concerns (traffic, state troopers, how foolish I was being, etc) on my mind at the moment. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Timothy Ma said:
OK, I will try again on my way to work tomorrow morning. (Aug.11/04 Wed) But I think I can only hit aroung 120km to 130km on that road but i will report the rpm anyways.

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
philtag6000 said:
140kms @ 8000 rpm. (11,000rpm is the highest on the speedo)
Sorry, not sure what that is in miles.
140 KPH = 87 MPH

·
Registered
40 Posts
billmeek said:
I never thought to look at the RPMs when I had my 400 at 95 MPH. There were other concerns (traffic, state troopers, how foolish I was being, etc) on my mind at the moment. :)
Ditto here, but I was at 97 mph indicated. Was wondering about redline when I was riding the Blue Ridge Parkway this past weekend......

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
I would volunteer to go check it out...but I'm not going to be able to ride for awhile. Someone else wanna do some 'scientific testing'? ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just a reminder--I've noticed my 400 speedo is on average about 4 MPH 'optimistic' on speeds--probably even more so as speeds increase, so figure indicated 97 MPH is, most likely, 92 MPH or so.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts