Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Electric bicycles, especially the three-wheel recumbents, have caught my interest lately. Anyone here have any experience with them and can offer advice, pro and con?

·
Administrator
20,566 Posts
I am not sure of the status of the Rahtracer is now. It was a recumbent electric/peddle hybrid. Kornfeld Motors was working on it. The harder you peddle the faster or farther it would go. Up to 90 MPH on dual mode.

EDIT

Looks like Covid19 slowed production. That and the $24,000 costs puts it way out of my reach.

Reactions: G-Dub

·
Administrator
20,566 Posts
G-Dub, are you a crafty type? There is a small trike kit you build yourself. The plans are $25. It uses about $200 in steel tubing. The whole battery/Controller/Charging/Battery Maintenance System is another $5,000 to $15,000 depending on range and fast charging.
Front.jpg Right front.jpg Steering L bracket.jpg 1.jpg

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crafty? I've done Origami if that counts, lol. I could put together a kit but I'm not into fabricating.

Also should probably clarify, it will have to be in the under $5K range or ain't gonna happen.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
502 Posts
G-Dub, I have a cheap Rad Power Runner 1 and love it. I had a Pedego CityCommuter, wreaked it, and wanted something lower to the ground with 20" wider tires. So I sold the Pedego (great quality) and ordered a cheap Rad to test the water. I had 1000 miles on the Pedego and have around 2000 miles on the Rad. I prefer hub drive with a throttle. My commute is 14 miles each way, 5 days a week. Runners been a fun, bullet proof commuter that I look forward to riding. I can pedal with no or low assist and get some exercise or be lazy and crank-up the PAS and/or use the throttle.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks sc00ter, I'll look that up.

I've seen some videos of the Fat Tad that look interesting, but not sure about the quality.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts