Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of different issues that might explain why my final drive where it attaches to the trinity kit is failing. I'm fairly certain that the bolts are not the proper ones as I was told Richard from Yelvington the proper bolts need to be
#12 1.25 X 25MM.

My question has to do with rear wheel play in a standard burgman. when the rear wheel is assembled and the castle nut is installed and locked with the cotter pin, it there any play to the right of left. With all my parts installed correctly on my kit, there is about 3/16" play on the plate that typically bolts to the rear wheel.

any input would be great.

thanks

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
thinking of different issues that might explain why my final drive where it attaches to the trinity kit is failing. I'm fairly certain that the bolts are not the proper ones as I was told Richard from Yelvington the proper bolts need to be
#12 1.25 X 25MM.

My question has to do with rear wheel play in a standard burgman. when the rear wheel is assembled and the castle nut is installed and locked with the cotter pin, it there any play to the right of left. With all my parts installed correctly on my kit, there is about 3/16" play on the plate that typically bolts to the rear wheel.

any input would be great.

thanks

The thickness of 2-3 hair approx. not much play.

·
Administrator
18,738 Posts
When I try to put my rear wheel in with the first spacer and try to slide the second one in, I must wedge the swing arm apart about 1/16 inch. My 03 I could slide the last spacer up into its place without prying in the swing arm but it was also a tight slide fit, not loose.

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
I don't have any side to side play at all in my rear wheel. The way the spacers lock the inside race into place there should not be any except in the bearing it's self when it starts wearing.

Going from left to right, there is a spacer in the final drive that sits against the inside race of the left bearing. Then you have the left bearing. Next comes a spacer inside the wheel that sits against the inside races on both bearings. Next is the right wheel bearing. Then the two piece spacer that fits between the inside race of the right bearing and the inside of the right swing arm. The axle goes through the whole lot and when you tighten the nut down it is all locked together more or less like one piece.

The outer races of the bearings are press fit into the wheels. The inter and outer races float on the ball bearings. The only play you can get is at that point and that will really only occurs when the bearings start getting worn.

Now you can get a little side to side play in the whole swing arm assembly but that occurs up at the swing arm pivot not back at the wheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts