Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my rear wheel in for a tire. On my first new tire ride I noticed a new sound. The noise is just one click with no feel to it every time I take off. Anyone else have this? It is a 13 650. Thanks for your time.

·
Premium Member
14,252 Posts
I would make a careful examination of the bolts on the caliper and the axle and make sure they got them all tightened back up.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Something doesn't 'sound' right... did you or the shop remove and refit the wheel? If the shop did it, take the scoot back and have them retrace their steps, or in your case... best to get sleeves rolled up and get back into it? Place scoot on centre stand and get that rear wheel turning, take as closer-look as you can to attempt to identify the source of the 'click'?
Might have to remove the rear wheel to check it all out... before whatever the culprit is, becomes obvious.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I removed the five fasteners and did it myself. I already took the thing apart again but will do so again. I torqued everything and ensured all was fitting well. It will do the center stand now and take note of how it all spins. I do not know how I can add resistance to the rear wheel as I do not want to ask the wife. She does not know what, a little throttle is. Third time can be a charm ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tore apart again, cleaned everything again, checked it all out found nothing. I examined it very closely but this time I also took brake pads off and cleaned all that assembly. Reassembled and I hate to say this because I do not know what the issue was yet the dreaded click went away. I am usually pretty observant when I take things apart so it upsets me I learned nothing. Must have been brake assembly I guess. Thanks for putting up with a blind scooterist guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts