Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Okay after reading a reply from one of quantum's post"s, I understand there are no rear wheel bearings in the 400. Sorry I didn't see that until I started this thread! Thanks quantum.

Is there any bearings I need to replace on the rear drivetrain? as I'm going to "Darkside" and I assume I'm going to get 30,000 miles or so. It would be a good time to do any repairs now especially is I'm going to be doing some long distance touring.

I did a belt clean up and blew the cobwebs out. Belt looked like new and was tight, measure 25 mm

I currently have 12,000 miles on it!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hey Chappy, 2 months ago I pulled my cover off and blew everything out. There was a bunch of dust!!
Today, I took the cvt and clutch off (because I have some bad bearings in the clutch). If I were you, I would take the variable thing off the front and check the rollers. Even though I blew everything out, the variable thing was full off dust right where the rollers roll. I don't see how they worked as good as they did.
There are two bearings in the clutch but if you roll your wheel and don't hear any grinding (just a smooth roll - maybe hear the brake pads rubbing) it's not-to-worry time.
I made a video of what the bad bearings sound like. It's in the400 2007+ section.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Chappy at 12k you shouldn't have any bearing problems. Mine still had all the OEM bearings in it when I sold at 46k+ miles. :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Almost to the 14,500 mile check up. Not locked up. They were just growling at me.
I made a video. It's in the 400 2007+ area.
When I got the clutch off and spun the back wheel - no sound.

I'm taking a trip to the Tail of the Dragon so I'm doing the 14,500 mile check up about 1,000 miles early. I bought the scoot with 9,400 miles on it and it was doing it then. Being new to these, I thought it was supposed to make the sound. I did start to feel a vibration that was rhythmic and would come and go.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cricky mate, were they over torqued from tire replacement, bearing pre load is crucial?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts