Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
My Audi A6 has rear view mirrors which are heated, and which automatically dim when some clown comes up from behind on main beam. Is this an option for the 650?

My childlike mind imagines just removing the glass, running a couple of wires to the replacement mirrors (one or both including a sensor and control circuits) and hooking up!

Whilst we're at it we could add heating, but to date I cannot remember having mine ever misting up.:kermit:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I suspect the only way you can find out is to buy one (or both) of the external Audi mirrors and try them out. Looks like putting them into the Burgman mirror housings might be tricky, but they're certainly available on eBay for just over a hundred bucks apiece.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/audi-dimming-mirror

Let us know how it works out!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi!
My Audi A6 has rear view mirrors which are heated, and which automatically dim when some clown comes up from behind on main beam. Is this an option for the 650?

My childlike mind imagines just removing the glass, running a couple of wires to the replacement mirrors (one or both including a sensor and control circuits) and hooking up!

Whilst we're at it we could add heating, but to date I cannot remember having mine ever misting up.:kermit:
Good question. Got me motivated to do some research into the technology and see if it could be adapted to the 650 mirrors. Here is a link to the "technology" behind auto dimming mirrors.
http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5003057_auto-dimming-mirrors-work.html

A little more involved than I first thought, and kind of shoots down the idea of a simple/inexpensive remedy for auto dimming our 650 side mirrors.

I am going to follow up on this and talk to the people who did the tint job on my Fiat 500C windows and see what they think about adding a light film to my side view mirror to help reduce glare. I am definitely for reducing night time glare, however, it is important to ensure that the functionality of the rear view mirrors are not overly compromised with this sort of modification. I will report back here with my findings.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well from my side I've found out that the Audi mirrrors are controlled by a signal from a sensor in the center rear view mirror.
I've also found a guy who can cut to size from a larger mirror, and he pointed me towards a company who specilises in clever glass, I'check this out when I get back from Russia at the weekend.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
When this happen me push mirror button to go in when some ahole is to close and he and light bother me, then keep flashing rear brake light until he/she pass, I have many many rear light which then bother him.

Full Admore light kit in Givi Maxia 52 on top, then Suzuki OEM rear bike light system which also output well and also Admore large LED light bar below plate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts