Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking at the wear bars on my rear tire, looks like I'm right at them. I want to say it's been 10,000 miles on it. They are Michelin City Grips. Are there any tires that would last longer? Is this about average? I had a Diablo on it when I bought it and really didn't like it. So, any suggestions? I'm also looking at the Michelin Power Puer SC. In looking at the tread design, looks like it would wouldn't have as good of traction? But, it looks like it would be good for highway riding. And that's mainly what I do.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like I'm getting the Metzeler FeelFree tire. Anyone have experience with that one? It was either that or another Michelin City Grip. Hope the Metzeler lasts as long if not longer than than the Michelin.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had a vmax and used only Metzlers on it. They lasted a long time. I have an 09 650 burg now and am on my second Bridgestone Potenza. That's the only way to go for me. I have almost 7k mi on it and it's not half worn. I expect to get about 13-15 k mi out of it. It is a darkside tire,car tire, which is fine after getting used to it. the only thing I really had to relearn is you have to lean harder to turn as it is a little resistant to leaning. No problem otherwise.

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
I ran a set of Metzler Feel Frees on my 06. I got about 8,000 miles out of the rear tire which is what I've gotten out of every brand I have tried on it other than the Shinko's. Those only lasted a few thousand miles before they self destructed. Weren't worn out just came apart.

I got about 18,000 out of the Feel Free on the front of it which is also about normal for front tires for me.

I'm currently running a City Grip on the front and just ordered a City Grip for the back to replace the Michelin Power Pure I had on it.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I am right at 8000 on my City Grips and it is time to reorder a rear tire myself.
My tire mileage experience has been: Shinko 4500, Pirelli GT's 7000, Michellan City Grips 8000 miles

just ordered a City Grip for the back to replace the Michelin Power Pure I had on it.
How did you like the Power Pure Buffalo?
That is the one I'm looking at.

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
I liked it OK. Decent ride and handling and it did OK in wet weather. I rate it as good as other tires I have tried but nothing outstanding about it either. I have not hit on a tire yet that I consider the preferable tire for the back of the 400. Other than the problems I had with the Shinko they have all preformed pretty much the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts