Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked my rear tire (2007 400 with 9600 mostly highway miles) and the center is bald. Sides have good tread. I do not over inflate. Is this tire quite worn or is this the tread design? I do not recall how it used to look.

Best replacement tire for highest mileage in a rainy climate?

Thank you so much.

·
Registered
748 Posts
That's more mileage then most get. I got 7000 out of mine. I don't think there's a real big difference in tires out there from what I've gathered, but iwent with a Perelli this time.
I'll get flamed for this, but a 13" car tire will give you 40,000+ miles and great wet weather traction, but lots of doubters out there, nothing bad from people who tried a car tire, just from people who never tried one and think they won't work. I will switch next time.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
What you describe is normal wear for a bike tire. you spend a lot more time upright and going straight that leaning in turns. I agree with others also that 9600 is very good mileage from 400 rear tire--I typically get 6000 to 6500 on my '03...

·
Premium Member
12,582 Posts
mileage varies tremendously on location, temperature,road condition riding style etcetc and some may get better than 9600 but they probably don't hard brake to double check the good lookin wimmin, and only weigh 12 lbs even while carrying a 50 lb sack of taters and drive only on 72 degree days

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I ride mountain roads and 5,000 miles is about the life of a rear tire on a 400.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I got 7,700 out of my back tire and the front was still good, but I still replaced it as they were the original tires on a 2008 and I do not know of too many people who would recommend keeping a motorcycle/scooter tire on for more than five years, no matter how much tread is left.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts