Michelin pilot sport
Pirelli Diablo
Avon viper stryke AM63
Other?

So what do you all think? Going to swap out the car tire on the B650

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have 8000 miles on my Bridgestone and plenty of tread left I would expect at least another 3 or 4 thousand. I don't believe I will put anything different when its time for a new tire, The front tire looks better than the rear so there will be another Bridgestone for the front also.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hmm...well, considering the number of darksided 650's...wonder if someone might be willing to swap your mounted car tire for their motorcycle tire?

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
I prefer the Michelin Pilot Sport on the rear, paired with the Bridgestone th01 on the front.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Hmm...well, considering the number of darksided 650's...wonder if someone might be willing to swap your mounted car tire for their motorcycle tire?

It wont be me! ;)

I think that I like my darksided Burgman even better than I do my darksided Goldwing. Going dark on the GL1800 took a bit of getting used to but not so on my Burgie. Felt right as rain right from the start.

·
Registered
770 Posts
No...I mean he would give you his darkside tire, you give him your MC tire. :)

·
Registered
753 Posts
No...I mean he would give you his darkside tire, you give him your MC tire. :)
Well, sure! All I had to do was read it proper! Not something that I excel at obviously. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
If price is a factor, Shinko. Good tire, very sticky, half the price. Doesn't last long, but hey, it's the 650, none of them do.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So for those that voted other - which brand tire are you running?

·
Registered
753 Posts
So for those that voted other - which brand tire are you running?
Formoza FD1 165/60/14

Was recommended to me by others and I in turn recommend it as well. Smooth runner and feels like the OEM in corners. Hard to beat that.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Formoza FD1 165/60/14

Was recommended to me by others and I in turn recommend it as well. Smooth runner and feels like the OEM in corners. Hard to beat that.
yea but that is a car tire and I got one of those and I am going to try a motorcycle tire.

·
Administrator
18,743 Posts
I too voted other. I have a 185/60 HR 14 Car tire.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Potenza, I think. All I know is it will be on until it's not. The only 2 downsides: 1) it exagerates the tire grooves from the big trucks, 2) It leans further over on the side stand. Did I mention no tire replacement for 30-40k miles?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Potenza car tire. 20,000 miles and counting. Will be replaced by another.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
I'm just under 6500 on my original with a little tread left.
Got a good deal on another Bridgestone, so it's in the garage, ready to go on when required.

Would I swap to different, no hesitation. Would I dark side? When the warranty is done, I'd seriously consider it.

Am I happy with the stock? Sure, it works for me.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I went darkside a few weeks ago, Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7 155/65R14. It's a sticky winter tire which seems to perform well, especially on wet roads. However, I would not buy another one because it was made in Putin-KGB-mafia-land.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Original Bridgestone was almost used up at 5100 miles. Had a 700 mile weekend trip coming up and didn't think it would make it. Put on a Michelin for the trip. So far its as good as the Bridgestone. How many miles its goes will make the determining factor if I get another one.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I voted other Formoza FD1 165/60/14. 6k+ & looks like the day I put it on. :D

·
Registered
753 Posts
I voted other Formoza FD1 165/60/14. 6k+ & looks like the day I put it on. :D
I like mine so much that I was thinking of ordering me another one to have for when my current one wears out. If it ever wears out that is! ;)

But I don't want the other tire to be too far out of date so will just order me another new one when (if!) they day ever comes where my current tire is toast.
I like it even better than the CT that I have on my Goldwing which I think is saying a lot!

·
Registered
735 Posts
But I don't want the other tire to be too far out of date so will just order me another new one when (if!) they day ever comes where my current tire is toast.
I've been told that tires can go to pot just sitting in the garage and not moving. There are emollients in the rubber compound that lose their potency with age, and they also need the tire to move and flex and heat to do their job. The emollients keep the rubber soft, supple, and able to distort and recover as they roll. Storing the vehicle in the sun greatly accelerates the degradation, as you'd expect.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts