Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
From everything I've read here and elsewhere the OEM tire is one of the better choices for the Burgman for tire life and handling. The car tire option is about 3-4 times better mileage - thats where I'll be headed in about 2k or so when the original tire on mine is done. Its not for everyone. I've been riding for 45+ years so I'm sure it won't be anything I haven't experienced before.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
I get slightly better mileage out of the Michelin Pilot Spot than I do from the Bridgestone but not enough to write home about. Just a few hundred miles.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
On my 09 650 2 Bridgestone rear tires and between 13 and 14K on both of them. On my 11 650 13.8K on the original and 4.5K on the the second one and it still looks good. I have had good service with the Bridgestones.

Bill

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bill-Bill said:
On my 09 650 2 Bridgestone rear tires and between 13 and 14K on both of them. On my 11 650 13.8K on the original and 4.5K on the the second one and it still looks good. I have had good service with the Bridgestones.

Bill
wow! iv only got 5k on mine and its looking bad. what pressure u running?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Standard pressures that the book calls for. Well, maybe a pound over but that's it. I will admit that the center of the tire does get a bit flat but there are still grooves and no cords showing when I replace them.

Bill

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
The OE Bridgestone I got 9,500 miles before it showed a cord and on a Pirelli I got 5,000 miles and it's showing cord.

·
Registered
585 Posts
The OEM tire on my 08 looks to be good for another 2-3000 miles - its got 6600 on it right now. It might make 10k.

Car or MC I've never had decent tire mileage with Pirelli. Maybe the newer car tires are better. I bought a set of Pirelli's for a 64 VW that were sport car rated and were supposed to be a 40,000 mile tire. I took them off at 30,000 miles so they wouldn't pop. Got a set of Goodyear sport rated tires after those and they went over 70,000 - not bad for a 50,000 rated tire. And I beat the crap out of them on hard mountain roads.

·
Registered
806 Posts
knucklehead said:
From everything I've read here and elsewhere the OEM tire is one of the better choices for the Burgman for tire life and handling. The car tire option is about 3-4 times better mileage - thats where I'll be headed in about 2k or so when the original tire on mine is done. Its not for everyone. I've been riding for 45+ years so I'm sure it won't be anything I haven't experienced before.

I have just finished reading an article on "The dark side" regarding tires. It was in the July 2012 issue of Rider magazine. Most of the information is the same as mentioned on this forum except for one thing. It stated if you ever got into an accident and the insurance company found out you had car tires on your bike they might not pay the claim.

I like the concept of 50,000 mile tires but is it worth the risk of thousands of dollars to fix the bike as well as the rider to save on tires?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts