Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! My first post here. I pick up my new (used) 2005 Burgman 650 standard model next week.

It seems that the scoot used to have a rear passenger backrest, but the current owner never had it in his posession. So there are the three holes with rubber or foam "collars" just sitting there on the rear deck, exposed. I could plug them with black plastic plugs, I suppose. But I wanted something different, and I am not a huge fan of top cases or luggage racks.

What I was wondering was if anyone here had ever come across a small spoiler or wing, like one that would be seen on the back trunk of a car, or on the Gold Wing top case? I would love a little spoiler there, would make for a sporty look.

Any ideas or leads? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
The previous owner probably had a top box mounted or luggage rack mounted. Those three holes are where they would bolt on.

As for a spoiler I've never seen one designed for the 650. You could probably fabricate something up but I suspect it would have to be a custom setup.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The previous owner probably had a top box mounted or luggage rack mounted. Those three holes are where they would bolt on.

As for a spoiler I've never seen one designed for the 650. You could probably fabricate something up but I suspect it would have to be a custom setup.
That's the conclusion I am coming to as well - I've nearly fried my Google-Fu powers for the day looking for something. ;) Thanks!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
You might search ebay and find one from a Burgman of your color. They are not always available, but you never know....

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
You might search ebay and find one from a Burgman of your color. They are not always available, but you never know....
I think you are talking about a backrest. He's wanting a spoiler which Suzuki has never made for the 650. They did make one for the 05/06 400 sport model but I don't see much way you could adapt one of those to fit the 650.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you are talking about a backrest. He's wanting a spoiler which Suzuki has never made for the 650. They did make one for the 05/06 400 sport model but I don't see much way you could adapt one of those to fit the 650.
Exactly - would love the look of a "wing" back there. Something like the one on the 400. Oh well, looks like a rack is in my future. Going for crazy prices though, maybe I'll look for something used.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts