Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have read the thread from last year about the Progressive shock experiments and I saw on another thread where a Hagon shock 36501 and the Ikon 7610-1609 would work on the Burgman 650

So what is the latest advice about the rear shocks? Which performs best? Anyone had all 3?

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Money no object I've always been told the Fournales Air Shocks but there's been everything from used Goldwing air shocks to new Hagons or Ikons.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,973 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Fournales are good when have heavy load, driver, passenger, luggage etc., if not then any good aftermarket hydraulic shock do. Spoke with someone who purchase Fournales for 650 ,was not happy for one up ride, they cost him $1000.00 - $1100.00 with shipping here and this was 3 year ago.

Hagon shock are real bargain for $250.00 but offer 3 position setting only, personally believe that is sufficient for most ride condition.

Replacement Suzuki OEM shock cost $600.00 - $650.00 here ! Why ?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
At my weight - 165 lbs - I'd might as well have installed iron rods instead of the Hagons with the spring they came with.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I guess at $1000 the fournales are probably out for me. too pricey.
The Hagons seem nice but Erik didn't care for them.

hmmmm, thinking .... thinking ..... thinking

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Look like Erik is featherweight :) . Contact different shock manufacturer and explain your need, they gladly suggest what they believe is correct shock & spring combo product for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts