Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my rear caliper off for about 4 months waiting on parts not brake parts,I cannot get no brakes on left lever,I have bleed the rear several times it's got a little spongy but still goes all the way down and there is no air in fluid,it's a 2012 650 burgman with abs,any help would be greatly appreciated. FREDDY.1-731-607-4776.

·
Registered
110 Posts
a little more info is needed for a good start. did you have the brake line disconnected from the caliper? If you did and very much fluid came out at all there is a chance you also have are in the front brakes because the abs on a 2012 is a linked system, meaning that when you apply one brake hard enough for the abs to work it will automatically apply some pressure to the other brake. safe scootin and good luck Jay

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Jay,thanks for responding yes the line was disconnected,I just went out and bleed both sides of the front there was no air,and it didn't help the rear.

·
Premium Member
14,260 Posts
Something that sometimes helps when bleeding the rear brakes is to set the parking brake first. Don't know if it will solve your problem but it can't hurt to try it if you have not already done so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts