Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Sorry if this is a dumb question? The brake pads on my 2000 model 400 burgman are getting low, as i got this used I have no manual with it. How do you get the caliper. off? Do you have to remove the rear whhel? If you do How does the wheel come off, does the exhaust also have to come off.
Thanks.
Col.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I would suggest you get yourself a manual If you are going to do your own wrenching it will really be very useful.
You can get it from the web or just about any dealer, it's somewhere around 30 dollars.
I have not done the brakes yet so I can't help out. :?

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Col French said:
Hi Sorry if this is a dumb question? The brake pads on my 2000 model 400 burgman are getting low, as i got this used I have no manual with it. How do you get the caliper. off? Do you have to remove the rear whhel? If you do How does the wheel come off, does the exhaust also have to come off.
Thanks.
Col.

Col

Sorry I have been a member here a while and always forget to look in this section.

I very strongly advise you to buy the service manual, it will pay for itself with the first job and avoid expensive mistakes.

But here goes:

1.Remove right side leg shield.
2.remove exhaust pipe bolts at engine (2) x 6mm Allen heads
3.loosen muffler mounting bolts (3) x 12mm
4.Remove the muffler bracket (2) x 14mm & (1) x 6mm Allen head
5.Remove rear axle nut (1) x 27mm ( and a pigging long breaker bar!! (Top Tip - apply the parking brake very hard!!).
6.Remove wheel. (See Note)

7.Remove caliper mounting bolts (x2)
8.Remove pad mounting pins x2

Note: These early Burger rear wheels can be difficult to remove if it has not been off for some time - this link while not wholly relevant may help in wheel removal. Be sure to use copper slip on the spline when you reassemble.

http://www.burgmanparts.co.uk/diy.asp?edit_id=75&nav=75&branch=0

Assemble in reverse order:

Torque values:

1. NA
2. 23 NM
3. 23 NM
4. 50 NM
5. 100 NM
6. NA
7. 25 NM
8. 18NM

Hope this is helpful