Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 650 had a rear brake modulator and halogen bulbs installed when I bought it.

Left rear bulb burned out so I bought a new set and replaced just the burned out bulb.

wife was following me and said one of the bulbs was much dimmer or burned out?

Can't tell exactly what is going on..modulator is still working.

Bike also has halogen headlights and front turn signals along with LED turn signals inside the mirrors.

Is that too much of a load? If so, what should I replace?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Swabbie

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Personally I'd use LED brake light bulbs since they light up in a fraction of the time of conventional bulbs which means people see your lights faster. They also draw much less current and considering that conventional bulbs have a high inrush current using them with a modulator would add to electrical load considerably.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Not sure if you got a bad ground, modulator, or connection in the socket. Swap the original bulbs in and see what that does.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
The lamps you got with the scooter may have been the high-powered halogen H1157 tail/stop lamps made by Eico. They are rated 50/15W versus the OEM/standard 21/5W lamps.

They also only have a 400 hour rated life, vs. the 1200 to 2500 hour life of the standard lamps--more about that here.

The H1157s are somewhat difficult to find locally and most FLAPS and motorcycle shops do not stock them due to the short life and heat issues--they don;t need the potential headaches. My '03 400 had them in it when I got it, the left side went out in just a couple weeks...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
have ordered LED lights for the rear..hopefully this will yake care of the problem

thanks to all

·
Administrator
18,385 Posts
swabbie said:
have ordered LED lights for the rear..hopefully this will yake care of the problem

thanks to all
Where did you get the LEDs from? Some bulbs will not work with our tailights.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh great..i ordered them from e bay..9 led plain white flat bulbs...guess I should have searched the forum...grrrr

·
Registered
3,973 Posts

·
Administrator
18,385 Posts
Superbright LED has a 45 LED RED that I am running. Very bright on both tail light and brake light. I ordered the 1157 version.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the help guys..I only spent 8..00 so I'll get what I paid for...LOL..I ordered plenty of the push pins that hold the fairing on, so if these don't pan out..I'll get a set of superbrights

You guys rock !!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts