Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized a slight problem with the controls of my 650 Burgie. I hardly ever ride at night. After playing cards last night, the hours turned into night time hours. Bottom line I found myself riding in the dark. I had difficulty locating the turn signal button and the bright light toggle. Now I realize this may seem minor but a dash of glow in the dark paint or plastic would be helpful. The difficulty was slightly exaggerated because the temps are falling a bit and the heavier riding gloves put my tactile abilities to a challenge. I hope all ride safely.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
You need to commit to muscle memory.
Some here have fitted LEDs to illuminate but to be honest if you practice it a few times it is not a problem.
Ever picked your nose in the dark ? Same theory.

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
In a few weeks, I'll be putting handlebar muffs on my Burgman. They'll be on for the next 8 months probably. Lights would not be a help in that situation. I'm fortunate in that I can ride daily with few exceptions, even though the temps will be in the mid-30s and it'll be dark often.

As NormanB wrote, if you commit this to muscle memory, you won't have a problem. If you were looking for the turn signal or high beam switch, you could've traveled a hundred yards without your eyes on the road. We don't think about how far we travel when our eyes are off the road.

Chris

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
NormanB said:
Ever picked your nose in the dark ? Same theory.
:lol: I just thought, I don't see what I'm wiping after using the toilet either. :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
"............and I thought I was pushing the boundary of decency. :lol:

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
NormanB said:
"............and I thought I was pushing the boundary of decency. :lol:
See what you do to me Norman! :twisted:

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
don't worry, in time you will exactly where everything is... sit on the bike, close your eyes and do some blind tests to see if you can remember where everything is...

I never look at my hand controls, maybe at first when I get a new bike to memorize the controls locations.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
And remember that once in awhile you will push the wrong button. I am sure we have all done it.

Bill

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Bill-Bill said:
And remember that once in awhile you will push the wrong button. I am sure we have all done it.

Bill
just as long as you don't pick someone else's nose.............MJR do not even think about it..... :lol:

·
Administrator
18,347 Posts
Bill-Bill said:
And remember that once in awhile you will push the wrong button. I am sure we have all done it. Bill
NormanB said:
just as long as you don't pick someone else's nose.............MJR do not even THINK about it..... :lol:
Well, too late, we already did Norman. Euuuuu. :pottytrain1: :pottytrain2: :bootyshake:

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
You can pick your friends.
You can pick your nose.

Just don't pick your friends' noses.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I have often thought that the winker-switch should be replaced with a stalk-switch under the left grip. A simple centre-off, fore/aft flick is all that would be needed, as in most cars - If I could find one that fitted neatly I would definitely change.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts