Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! When I was 12 I got a 1986 Honda Spree 50cc moped from my dad. I drove the wheels off of that thing! Moved onto a 1985 Elite 80 a couple years later. When I was 18 I bought my first "motorcycle" a 1989 Honda VTR250 to learn how to ride a bike that I had to shift lol! A few months later I was bored with it and moved onto a 1993 CBR 600. Little did I know that at the age of 18 no one wants to insure a teen with a crotch rocket! I sold it as fast as I bought it. Two years later I bought a brand new 2000 Suzuki Bandit 600S and enjoyed that for a couple years before I lost it in the divorce. That was in 2004. I've been without a bike since and boy have I missed it! As I approached 2 wheel re-entry I was looking at this bike, that bike and just not finding anything that floated my boat. I'm 34, and I noticed something right away that has changed. I didn't want to haul major ass at 100+ mph. I just wanted something for long distance and be comfortable. After testing this bike and that bike I landed on a 400 Burgman. I new it was perfect for me. I could easily touch the ground (I'm short barely 5'7". It was quiet so I didn't upset me neighbors and my kids because I want them to be excited to go for a ride. It was also fuel efficient and ****, simply awesome with all the storage and the sleek appearance. I knew I had to have it. By the time I got the money gathered up they had already sold it. I searched all over the internet and came across what would be my first 05 Burgman 650 down by the OK border. My dad who continued to ride solo all those years was anxious to be able to help me out. He offered to go get it! The seller was willing to meet half way so my dad rented a trailer and drove from Omaha to Kansas City to pick it up for me. He can't wait to have some father / son rides again and neither can I! It's going to be great racking up some miles and making some memories with my new ride! I just wanted to say hi and tell you guys my story!

:sign2:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Congrats!!! It looks great.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats!!! It looks great.
Thank you!!! :eek: Hey, where did you find those fog lights on your 400? I like that! Very nice indeed!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Hey nice bike! Course I've got one just like it. So perhaps I'm prejudice. But yours is really clean. You will love the 650.

Have fun riding with your dad. And welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey nice bike! Course I've got one just like it. So perhaps I'm prejudice. But yours is really clean. You will love the 650.

Have fun riding with your dad. And welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.
I just HAD to have silver lol! It was hard to find for some reason!

Thanks for the warm welcome! :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
I purchased my 400 from another member on this forum and it came with those fog lights. Not sure where he purchased them from but the box says they are Platinum Burner Series I think from Optronics. Keep us posted as to how you like your 650.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I purchased my 400 from another member on this forum and it came with those fog lights. Not sure where he purchased them from but the box says they are Platinum Burner Series I think from Optronics. Keep us posted as to how you like your 650.

I will! Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts