Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Can't install mounting bracket for topcase for 2013 Burgman

Having trouble installing the mounting bracket for my new top case and passenger backrest. I can't seem to get the passenger back rest off and the instructions that came with the new top case are next to useless. All they say is to remove the two bolts inside the storage compartment, and then nothing...no further instructions. Very frustrating. Anyone else out there have the same problem and if so, any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Remove the pad. It has two posts that push into rubber grommets. It also has a hook at the top. Pull the pad out at the bottom and pull up. Remove the front plastic cover - lift the seat remove two allen head screws and two push pins. Remove the four screws that hold on the rear plastic cover. Be careful not to drop the screws into the body work. Put a rag in the holes to catch the screws. Next, remove the lower rear plastic collar. It has a post into a rubber grommet like the pad used. There are several plastic tabs on all three plastic pieces. Just be slow and careful, but they do take some force to remove. Final step remove the three allen bolts that hold the passenger back rest frame. Install the new spacers, plate, and bolts.

I have some pics if you need them. Send me your email address.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Ray, I thought the backrest might pull apart like you said, but its a leap of faith to rip apart a brand new bike with out having any confirmation. If you could send any pictures you have it would be greatly appreciated. My e-mail address is [email protected]
Regards,
Ian Mackenzie

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I'm not kidding nor being a wise-ass, it will help you immensely especially since not many people have a 2013. I never get a vehicle without one.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm not kidding nor being a wise-ass, it will help you immensely especially since not many people have a 2013. I never get a vehicle without one.
plus 1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts