Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
4,769 Posts
I had that same case on my ST1100. It did shake a fair amount. When I put it on that bike I had been reading reports of other cases, GIVI and others, having a latch failure and falling off while going down the road. This is not what causes the shaking but I had just read of that happening in certain RARE situations. This case does fit the tabs into the front holders loosely and that is what causes the shaking. I added a knobbed bolt with a wing nut through the center of the case and through the plate. I drilled a hole just back of the dimple in the bottom of the case and through the plate for the bolt. I also drilled a small hole through the bolt just below where the wing nut ended up when tight and put a small R clip through to prevent the wing nut from backing off. Never worried about it after that. I made my own rear mounting plate adapter for that bike using one of my wife's nylon cutting boards. Had to buy her a new one after that.
Hood Automotive lighting Flash photography Automotive tire Astronomical object
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Light Motor vehicle

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
I have not seen a Bestem case but was told they are good quility. But what brand of mount is it sitting on? Maybe a picture of the botton of the case and of the mount. Might need to shim up a rubber mount pad or find a taller rubber pad to replace them.
The Bestem cases come with their own base plate including the bronze colored bars shown in my photo. I used those bars to reinforce the cutting board mounting adapter I made.
I don't have a picture of the bottom of the case but here is one of the mounting base that comes with it and all the parts I used to build my mounting. This is after I drilled that center hole for the knob bolt and wing nut.
Electronic device Auto part Font Musical instrument accessory Composite material

And here it is mounted on the bike.
Reflex camera Digital camera Camera accessory Camera lens Bumper

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Not so sure about that. IIRC the box did fit tight to the rubber bumpers but still could wiggle a little while riding. But that bolt that I added in the middle did prevent any movement.

Reactions: Dave_J
1 - 3 of 3 Posts