Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, has anyone converted their scooter into a Rat Bike? If so, pictures please.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Several here have found rats in their Burgman so I guess we have some rat bikes amongst us. 8)

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Yep, B1 is my rat bike. It's the one that does all the off-road riding. Check my avatar for a piccie.

·
Administrator
18,380 Posts
If you mean remove all the tupperware and paint it primer black, none that I have seen. Years ago someone had chopped the rear up and mounted a seat down where the fuel tank sets. He had an aluminum tank mounted up above the rear tire.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess a "Rat Scooter" could look like any number of creations, that's why I was wondering if anyone had ever decided to do so. I know the Japanese have done a lot of custom work on their scooters. A wrecked scooter might be a good place to start or one with damaged tuppleware. Might end up looking like a Honda Big Ruckus.....

·
Premium Member
14,230 Posts
If a person had the time, money and tools I could see doing something similar with a 650. It would take a lot of fabrication work to relocate or delete all the stuff that hangs outside the frame rails but it's doable. Be easier with a standard than a 650.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I like the Roland Sands Design machine , stripped to the max very cool. :thumbup:

Wonder why no one is doing the Burgman ?
Could it be that it has already become mostly an old farts ride :(

·
Premium Member
14,230 Posts
The reason they did the T-Max is that Yamaha commissioned the three designers to do them for a show. Without Yamaha paying them to I doubt they would have even though of it. If Suzuki paid designers to do a 650 they probably would.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Ah Ha :thumbup:
Money talks at all levels.

I remember when Sands hit the AMA circuit on a 250cc Yamaha. We had never heard of him before and suddenly he showed up at Daytona. Learned later on he was racing off family money . He was actually a pretty good racer , at least he raced me clean that year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts