Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to let everyone know after searching this site for answers with no luck on a brake lever noise i had! I started my 2008 400cc Burgman like always and while driving home I sqeezed my brake levers at a stop light and heard this whiney tin raspy noise that went away after I let off of the brake levers. Every time I sqeezed either back or front brake lever, I would hear it! I thought I needed pads but then realized since it did not matter which lever i pulled i would here the same noise! So it could not be all the pads wore out exactly the same time. I shut the rice burner off to figure it out, checking pad wear and spinning tires by hand with no luck. So, I went to start the bike and it started by turning the ignition on and sqeezing the brake lever!
I never pushed the spring loaded start button rocker switch! I did it a couple more times because i thought it was cool! But then i realized everytime I sqeezed my brake levers that the bike was spinning the starter because the spring loaded push button ignition switch was stuck in the pushed in position and did not spring back out like it suppose to. I sprayed some contact cleaner and lube into it and now it is working the way it should.
I could have burned out my starter or payed a mechanic big bucks! Hope this helps someone so they dont go crazy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts