Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone who's taken the Beginner's Riding Course in New York State knows it's frickin' expensive! The state contributes Zip, nothing, Nada to the program... Now, apparently, they are dealing with this "problem" by requiring price caps on the courses, while still offering NO financial support or incentive. Great. Now there's no more program in Delhi, NY, where I enjoyed my course, at ANY price. This was a really good program, in a beautiful, rural environment. What kind of nonsense is this??? Let's face it, if you fork out $5 grand or more on a bike, $300 for the safety course should be considered part of the cost of being a prepared rider (how many have spent more than that on their jacket and helmet?) I'm steamed, :angryfire: (can you tell?) See: http://www.ridedcdc.com/info.htm.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Typical bureaucratic lunacy. :(

Steve

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I suggest contacting the U.S. Department of Transportation; the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) since they are the federal agencies that administer and fund the New York State Governor's Traffic Safety Committee and associated programs.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
MSF seems to be in poor shape here in Omaha too. The MSF site gives two different email addresses for training in Omaha, so I sent an inquiry to one of them last year about taking an advanced course. They said that they didn't have an advanced course yet, but were working on it and would get back to me. Never heard back from them. Email to the other address was never answered.

I have a neighbor up the street who rides a Harley. I spoke to him last Spring, and he is an MSF instructor - but he instructs in Lincoln, which is 80 miles away. I thought that was strange, but we got sidetracked & I never asked him why. I have a feeling that the Omaha programs are in trouble. I am going to pursue it further this year. It is a city with a population of 400,000 people - there should be a very active MSF presence here. Something isn't right.

·
Registered
848 Posts
We have to pay full pop here in BC, $495.00 for the British Columbia Safety Council course. I paid about $675.00 to a private school that gave better training. Yea it's a lot of loot, but it's my decision to ride and my decision to ride safely. No one is forcing any of us to ride on two wheels, why should any of us expect to be subsidized for the training?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I think I paid $120 here in Albuquerque,
The Harley dealership offers a course for $295 w/$$$coupon for harley goods given out upon completion.

Take a vacation in New Mexico, and take the course here!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts