Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a good Ram mount location for my 2013 400. The brake reservoir seems like the logical place. I have purchased 2 plates so far. The returned the 1st one. I am not happy with the 2nd one either. They are just too big for the tiny reservoir. Is there one that fits good? I know Motorcycle Larry used to make one. Is that still a thing? Their web site seems more like a blog now. I could not find anything to purchase. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
20,566 Posts
Larry of MotorcycleLarry died and the family never shut down the ordering pages. Many people ordered parts only to have to fight to get their money back. Not just BUSA members.
I think the state of California shut them down. The new web page is not the same people.

The new one is British slang for Larry. Its basically a "Motorcycle Moron's" guide to parts and reviews.

·
Super Moderator
12,510 Posts
This is the one I'm using on my 650. No idea of the reservoir's the same size or not.
Only caution I'd give is that folks report they've had to retighten it now and again. I did on one occasion, gave a great excuse for a stretch and took about 2 minutes including time to dig out the allen wrench.

Which ones have ya tried?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may just go the direct mount rout. On my Burgman 650 the previous owner had drilled a hole in the handle bar cover and mounted a ball right in the center. It worked perfectly. I am not a fan of cutting plastic but it works. I looked on Ebay and I can buy a replacement plastic piece for $35. So maybe I will get over my own OCD and cut a hole or maybe I will buy a replacement cover and cut it and put my good cover on the shelf in the garage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts