Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a used 07 a month ago. Man, the wind noise is too painful to the ears. At times I have to duck under and behind the stock windshield to relief the pain. Then everything is quite and the ride seems smoother.

Just wondering if anyone has tried to raise the stock windshield like some folks did to the butt rest. It would be nice to be able to use the stock windshield and all the attachment holes by just adding some metal extenders.

Any productive inputs and comments would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
search for "shimming+stock+windshield" and you will get several hits. Basically you put washers under the windshield on the mounting bolts to tip the windshield up and more vertical which in effect makes it taller.

·
Registered
5,589 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
The Madstad Windshield system is excellent and cuts wind noise in half, it also smooths the air flow out quite a bit.

But the wind noise can still be loud at times andyou are more sensitive, Your best bet is get a couple pairs of ear plugs leave them on the bike, wear them under your helmet, and all the time.

Madstad windshield system, Made a BIG difference to the comfort of my ride.

But some helmets let in more noise than others, if it is wind noise, PROTECT your ears, Wear ear plugs while riding.

I use them, you can still hear fine, you are just blocking the loudest of the noise, I have the blue ribbed (for her pleasure, oh that's something else) with a cord, this cuts the unbearable noise level to something tolerable.

This combined with the Madstad shield, and you have the dynamic duo for noise reduction.

My new helmet is SOOO very comfortable, I love it, but it is a little noisier than the uncomfortable one i had before, I have 12 different helmets till i found this one, been ridding with it for a year, it is awesome.

My Helmet is made by HJC IS-33 Motorcycle Super store had them on sale for $131.00, I noticed they are on sale now, same price, they are very nice, and keep you cool during the summer, nice air flow through the helmet, and they are Light and wind tunnel tested and do not push your head around like so many helmets do while riding

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't know if this is helpful at all but, I've only had my 09 650 for about 6 weeks. It came with a Givi touring windshield that I had to look through. The second day I had the bike,I got caught in the rain about 40 miles from home. It was a terrible ride home because trying to see through it was very poor. When I got home I changed over to the stock windshield that also came with the bike. I did find that it was very noisy but I always wear good ear plugs. This am I took the Givi windshield and cut it down to 2 inches higher than the stock one and about 3 inches lower than the givi was. I can see over the top and wind noise is greatly reduced. I envy you folks with the adjustable shield. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
806 Posts
westgl said:
My Helmet is made by HJC IS-33 Motorcycle Super store had them on sale for $131.00, I noticed they are on sale now, same price, they are very nice, and keep you cool during the summer, nice air flow through the helmet, and they are Light and wind tunnel tested and do not push your head around like so many helmets do while riding
I have the same helmet, HJC IS-33. You're right. It is a great helmet. With the adjustable shield on my exec the wind noise is acceptable, however the noise from the Harley group I ride with I have to wear ear plugs. I don't know how those guys ride around without helmets or windshields.

BTW: I made a small addition to my helmet you might want to try. Go to Home Depot or Loews and get some pastel colored 2" wide duct tape to match your helmet color.Tape it to the top of the face shield. It is like driving with the sun visor down in your car. I know you have a sun shield under the face shield which is a plus but you can still ride directly into the sun in the early morning or late afternoon. Cheap fix and it really works.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
The Clearview medium screen gives you 1.5" higher and 2.5" wider - superb improvement and well made. The blems are a deal - don't be afraid of them - you cannot find the blemishes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts