Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer told me that the stock windshield on my AN650 could be raised a little with some built-in adjusters - I can't find them. The owners manual, generally not too helpful, doesn't mention it. Anybody know how to do it before I have to call the dealership? I'm sure they'll tell me but first I have to get somebody on the phone.

Al
(48 miles on my new scoot - still practicing.)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Al Davison said:
My dealer told me that the stock windshield on my AN650 could be raised a little with some built-in adjusters - I can't find them. The owners manual, generally not too helpful, doesn't mention it. Anybody know how to do it before I have to call the dealership? I'm sure they'll tell me but first I have to get somebody on the phone.

Al
(48 miles on my new scoot - still practicing.)
News to me... I don't see how and I've had mine removed to put a Clearview XL on.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Dealers have been know to mix up there "apples & oranges".
Not to mention bike models. I think that's what happened here. :(

·
Registered
220 Posts
The windshield on the 650 Burgman is absolutely not adjustable. You may be able to tilt it a bit more horizontally by shiming with washers between the windscreen and the mounting brackets.

As far as raising it up or down, forget it.

If you think it should be higher in order to cut down on wind noise, here's a tip: If you have an old face shield off a full face helmet such as a Shoei RF800 or 900, it is exactly the width of the top of the stock Burgman windscreen. Get a couple of small C-clamps and fasten it to the INSIDE of the top of the windscreen. As face shields generally are fairly horizontal on top and curved on the bottom, turn it upside down when you C-clamp it on. Use a one inch square piece of mounting board, rubber, or leather between the C-clamp and the front of the windscreen so you don't scratch or damage it. The other side of the C-clamp will contact the face shield. It's old anyway, so who cares.

Go for a ride. It'll look silly, and the weight of the C-clamps will cause the windscreen to wiggle a bit, but it's harmless. What you will be able to determine is whether the now taller windscreen cuts down on helmet noise. If so, you have several options. Buy a Clearview, a Givi, or order the TALL OEM windscreen. Or, just glue the **** thing on and the hell with looks. (Gluing allows you to remove the C-clamps, which may come in handy on another experimental project).

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts