Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all;

Does anyone have experience with the product Rain-X :?: I find that it works so well on auto windshields, I wondered about the scoot and the visor on the helmet. Any thoughts :?:

Kurby

·
Registered
210 Posts
Rain-X; bad VERY BAD. Get yourself some Honda cleaner/polisher. It comes in an aerisol (spl?) spray container and works great on everything.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I used to use Rain-X on my windshield and helmet face shield. I've also used it for years on aircraft windshields, which are made of PlexiGlas.

I never noticed any problems, but after reading reports here of bad things (yellowing, crazing, etc.) I read the label more closely, and it definitely says not to use it on plastics unless specifically okayed by the maker of the plastic.

To be safe, I now use only the HondaPro cleaner/polish.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for helping me dodge that bullet :D. I'll pursue the recommended alternatives.

Kurby

·
Registered
55 Posts
Rain X

I have used Rain X on the last 5 motorcycles windshields and never had a problem. Just ordered a Clearview, and just to make sure, I ask if Rain X was all right to use. The answer from John Lauk was Rain X will NOT hurt the Clearview. I have also been using it on my Nolan 100 E for the last two years and still no problems. Yes, the label does say not for plastics, but from Kawasaki's to BMW's, I have had no issues. Also, Plexus polish for boating clear plastics works great as does Cee Bailey's polish. More stuff to try! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
rain-x

i used it and all it does is make the rain blow off the windshield faster right into your face. i ddi not use it on the helmet

·
Registered
832 Posts
RainX does not like rubber,like around truck windows and wipers etc.I like simple Pledge but the Honda spray is the best of the best.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Plexus plastic cleaner is the best thing I have used. It will clean and add a protectant to your windshield making it much easier to clean next time. I have used it for years. I haven't used the Honda spray cleaner since for my shields.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Just working around garage this morning and found the"Maintaining a Clearview" cleaning instructions for my Clearview shield.

These are exerpt of those instructions direct from Craig at Clearview:

"Basic windshield upkeep normally involves starting with a light wax or film coating on a clean screen to disperse water and make the removal of bugs, dirt and debris easier with future cleanings. We recommend Novus #1 polish or Rain-X original auto glass treatment."

"Once the screen is free of all bug guts and dirt, then do your final clean & treatment with any quality plastic cleaner. Novus #1 or Rain-X will work great for this stage of cleaning."

Then it goes on to recommend various things for scratch treatment but sounds like Rain-X is not only safe but recommended by Clearview.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: Rain X. Urgent request

Help needed in the UK.. Always used Rain X myself with no problems, but always on the lookout for something new.
I lke the look of the Honda polish/cleaner but it is not imported into the UK, Anyone any ideas on how to get some over here to the UK?.
Can't seem to bring anything up on the Canadian website..
Steve. UK.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The cool thing about the Honda pro polish/cleaner is that you don't have to stop at the windscreen - you can detail your ENTIRE bike with it!

·
Registered
476 Posts
The cool thing about the Honda pro polish/cleaner is that you don't have to stop at the windscreen - you can detail your ENTIRE bike with it!
Thanks johnniedee, you just gave me one more thing I can do with that stuff. :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for that Jonniedee, that's all I needed to know when I can't get hold of any here in the UK..
You can also do one more thing with it Gryphon.. put a couple of cans in the post for me!!..
Steve. UK.

·
Registered
171 Posts
On my airplane windows which are plexiglass, we use pledge spray and that is pretty much the standard that everyone uses at the airport. It leaves a coating similar to rain-x, makes bugs come off easy, doesn't harm the plastic, and leaves a fresh lemon scent!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts