Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to say that I experienced my first rain in a Frogg Togg rainsuit (I am not connected to them in any way). I sat on a wet seat and the water did not penetrate my suit nor did I wipe the water off before I sat on it. The sun came out causing the pavement to be steamy. The suit is absolutely breathable and the heat did not bother me a bit. In other words, it was hot but not because of the suit.

I had ordered Technic Rain Splash which fit me perfectly and looked great. However, when I tried it on over my jacket and pants "in the house" I was extremely hot and did not even go anywhere.

What I am saying is, if you are considering rain gear, try Frogg Toggs cause they are light, breathable, do the job, and are easy to pack in a small space!

Evelyn

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Thanks for that review, Evelyn. I always carry a towel in my trunk to wipe off the wet seat. It has come in handy many times, as it has often rained on my bike while it's parked, but is clear when I come out to go home.

I've got some new rain gear that I'll get a chance to try eventually. When I do, I'll put a review here too.

Dave B.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Experienced endorsements like yours mean so much to your fellow riders, Evelyn! I'm in the market for good raingear, and it's so hard to know what's going to work in the real, soggy world.

Here's an example: My husband admired someone else's Harley Davidson rainsuit, and we recently went to a Harley dealer to look at their stuff. Good selection, many styles, but oy! The prices! $130 U.S. for the most affordable stuff?! Performance-wise, how does this compare to the $55 suit I was considering from Tourmaster?

So, Evelyn, your 'been there, tried that' report is greatly appreciated. 4DThinker, please do report what you find, too!

Happy Friday,
Christine

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had looked at the Tourmaster suit which looked good, but I have no experience with the weight of the suit and how it will store in the trunk.

I am very happy with my Frogg Toggs and paid 59.00 plus shipping. You could try http://www.nthro.com If you decide to buy there use thank-you as a code for special coupon and get something additional off that price.

Good-luck.

·
Registered
319 Posts
When you buy Frogg-Toggs always get sizes larger, especially the pants as the seat seam will split if the same size you normally wear :oops: .

They are also very good on customer service. I had bought a set several years prior to needing them on the road. When I opened the package, I found the jacket was the right size, but the pants were mediums instead of the x-large I had ordered. Anyway, after getting into the medium pants of course the seat seam split, but I got home dry. E-mailed the place I had bought them from, they referred me to the factory and after telling my tale, I had a new set 2 days later plus a postage paid label to return the original set.

Just remember to buy a larger size and then check sizes before puting under the seat. :D

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to disagree with you about buying a larger size. The toggs recommended for motorcyclists are large enough to accommodate the jacket and pants. I wear a women's large jacket and when I ordered large from Technic the jacket & pants fit well. However for the toggs I believed the companies measurements and ordered medium and was glad that I did cause had I ordered my usual large I would have been swimming in them.

Since the pant legs have a zipper you do not need to worry about length. There is also a draw string waist enough for my big butt to get through!

I hope this hasn't confused people.

Evelyn

·
Registered
319 Posts
Ev,

Just about all mentions of Frogg-Toggs on the GWRRA message board recommend going to a larger size when ordering them. Maybe it's because of the necessity to do the "Honda Hop" when mounting rather than a step-through get on.

Yup

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello Yupper,

I guess I missed that at the site I went to http://www.nthro.com and just went according to their measurements. I can only speak from experience and the medium I got was large enough to fit a large man comfortably without his jacket. Of course he would have to get a large if he bought one of these.

People will just have to make up their own minds about this. :)

Evelyn

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It has been raining all week here in the Atlanta area, so I really had an opportunity to try my Frogg Toggs. The gear is absolutely wonderful. I even walked 3 miles this AM with the suit on and did not feel uncomfortable due to heat.

I called the company to see if they make rain gloves or mitts, but alas they said no. I even asked for some of their material to make some glove covers, but they said they do not sell their material :(

Does anyone know of a good light, breathable cover to wear over ones gloves?

Evelyn

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Paul. I cannot believe how expensive this stuff is. 80.00 for gore tex or 47.00 for the aerostitch. :evil: What a rip off. :x I think I will ride around with wet gloves for a while or put plastic bags over them :!:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Aerostitch stuff is usually top quality. I don't think I'd pay twice as much for the other brand. I have some rubber gloves that I could put on over my riding gloves - but they don't breath of course. I've ridden in the rain with regular black leather M/C gloves before. The only issue is that the dye can run... Otherwise, you can air dry them after the ride. If they stiffen up at all a little rubbing with leather conditioner should fix that.

I also pulled up some links to rain gloves for golfers when I did my search - but I didn't check them out. Perhaps there is something in that category worth looking at.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good suggestion. I forgot about golfers gloves. Of course there is no real padding in them, but I may take a look at them. Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts