Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally started raining pretty well here morning.

Decided to see how the Burger King handles a decent rain compared to the Wing.

Wing out first, 40 mile 55MPH loop, of course perfect traction, no spray, etc. for God's sake it a Hondaminium.

Burger King out for loop two. Perfect Traction, No Wobble, Wet Tar Snakes uneventful, Brakes solid and firm. Control and Protection from water nearly as good as the Wing.

With one exception: On the back of my left thigh, from the knee to my wallet pocket, there was a two inch band that was fairly wet. I always ride with my kness tucked in a bent as if they were on pegs. The only culprit I could find was the side stand. It appears that since it sits in the airstream, the blow by water was getting "caught" and flicking up.

Any rain riders out there experienced a similar thing? No big deal just curious? I intentionally didn't wear my rain pants to test it.

Bill :?

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Yessir Mr. Bill - I know they added a "rain/wind deflector" to the K4 just in front of the sidestand on the bottom tupperware to mitigate that problem. Btw - I haven't gotten that wet stripe myself so I guess the little doo-dad works. I bet you can buy one from Suzuki cheap and retrofit it easily - I think it will solve that issue. Good to hear of a back to back comparo like that!
VR - Pete

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Your Burger needs a rain deflector:

See these pics

Its a cheap part available from Suzuki dealer et al.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Anyone know a Part Number? I can't seem to locate the part on Oneida Suzuki's website.

Little help, please?

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Try this Item 3A.

Part Number: 48183-10G00
Description: COVER,LEG SHIEL
Price: $8.54
Source: SUZUKI

:)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
What they said ^

I added the same part to my 2003 and it's not an issue anymore.

You are correct in your diagnosis of the problem. The kickstand causes some wierd air turbulence around the cutout thus causing your wet leg problems.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Look here to see how a French Burgman owner tackled this problem.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all.

Exactly the fix.

Bill

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
OK. So, what do you do to solve the wet leg problem if you don't have a Burgman yet?

:oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
572 Posts
malahy1501 said:
With one exception: On the back of my left thigh, from the knee to my wallet pocket, there was a two inch band that was fairly wet. I always ride with my kness tucked in a bent as if they were on pegs.
How do you guys get it to rain only when you're moving?

When it rains here in Vancouver it's fairly steady so no matter how much protection there is while traffic is flowing, as soon as I stop for a light I'm drenched.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Stargazer said:
How do you guys get it to rain only when you're moving?

When it rains here in Vancouver it's fairly steady so no matter how much protection there is while traffic is flowing, as soon as I stop for a light I'm drenched.
LOL! Excellent point! :)

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
We always have a wind factor built in - averages around 10 mph on a still day. When it rains you can count on 20 - 40 mph winds. If it isn't coming at you from the front, just turn into the wind when you stop - a little tricky in traffic, but well worth it :wink:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Ken OBSC said:
OK. So, what do you do to solve the wet leg problem if you don't have a Burgman yet?

I think they do bags for that kinda thing! :wink:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Stargazer said:
Don't smoke then! :wink:

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Ken OBSC said:

I've heard "Depends" brand is pretty absorbent.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts