Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried using an old fashioned refrigerator food cover to protect GPS or radar detector from rain? I'm talking about the covers still used by ladies for keeping their hair dry while taking a shower. The small size should work. Can't seem to find them in stores. If anyone knows of a source please let me know.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
I just use a zip lock bag, the ones for sandwiches because they are clearer and easier to see through than the freezer ones.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I agree with Buffalo. Zip lock bags come 50 to a box for a few bucks in any grocery store. Seal the bag except for the small place the cord comes out, then fold it up and secure it with a couple of rubber bands on either side of the screen to hold the bag on in the wind and keep the screen flat against the plastic.

But usually I simply take it off and put it under the seat. Down here, even a really intense rain will usually be gone in 20-30 minutes and when I'm through it I take it back out.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Rromagnani! Ram's Aqua Box is excellent, and for some places where it rains more or less constantly it's probably the best solution. But at $52 it's an expensive solution, I think I'm better off with the Zip Lock option.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
My Garmin is in a RAM Aquabox.....
but I still use a ziplock baggie,
with rubberbands around both ends.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Rromagnani! Ram's Aqua Box is excellent, and for some places where it rains more or less constantly it's probably the best solution. But at $52 it's an expensive solution, I think I'm better off with the Zip Lock option.
Thank you!

The Zip Lock solve the problem, but in Brasil (my country) rain a lot!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Rromagnani! Brazil's a big country; what parts do you ride through? Have fun with the upcoming World Cup and Olympics!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts