Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Murphy's Law prevails once again. Out riding and I get rained on yet again. Only twice have I ridden and not been rained on. :?
Maybe I should invest in some rain gear. I'm sure if I was prepared it wouldn't rain at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
I have 5,000+ miles since purchase last August and have yet to be rained on....you must be getting mine. I usually end up riding (for work and pleasure) about 5-6 times per week. Of course, if the sky is looking ominous then I take the 4 wheeled thing :( . I did purchase a rain jacket that I stuff in the trunk if things are looking dicey........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
This phenomonen seems to happen to me each time I'm ridding and not prepared. Go ahead and stop the rain, get yourself a suit. Happy ridding to you. Oh, how many miles have you accomplished now?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,363 Posts
Nancy,

I remember many times that I was riding and the sky looked threatening. If I stopped and put my rainsuit on, it did not rain. If I decided to press on, it would downpour. From my experience, bright colors work best at scaring away the rain. Yellow and orange seem to work well. Basically, the more ridiculous you look, the less chance it will actually rain. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mi SeaRider said:
you must be getting mine.
glad I could help you. LOL

scootn56 said:
Oh, how many miles have you accomplished now?
went about 100 miles today. I think it said close to 2600. So a total of about 750 miles since purchase. Which is good considering I only get to ride every other weekend or so, that and it's been raining a lot here.

pauljo said:
From my experience, bright colors work best at scaring away the rain. Yellow and orange seem to work well. Basically, the more ridiculous you look, the less chance it will actually rain.
I actually have a nice yellow one picked out. I have a plain slicker suit, I might just start carrying it again until I get the other one I want. They didn't have orange though. Maybe I could get a new reflective vest to wear. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,385 Posts
Just check the weather -then flip a coin -heads you believe them, tails you don't.
That's what I do and it works every time, except when it doesn't :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Randy, it said 10% chance of rain with it going up to 30% around 9pm.
Oh well. Sadly enough, I'm getting use to it. Texas weather, gotta deal with it to have an extended riding season.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,385 Posts
Nancy,
I see were your making your mistake no wonder it rained on you.
-It's not 10% chance of rain - -it's 90% clear weather- :lol:

It was clear this afternoon so I went into town, it rained 1/2 way there and back. :(
When I got home the driveway was still dry and it was clear :?
Sometimes you just can't win for loosing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
I find that I wear my "rain gear" (ballistic nylon jacket and rain pants) most mornings, to fight the windchill. The upside is I don't have to stop if on the (25 mile) trip to work, the weather changes on me. Sure it looks like I clothes shop at Dork 'n' Dorkier, but I sure am comfortable. :D

Simon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Pinwheel said:
Murphy's Law prevails once again. Out riding and I get rained on yet again. Only twice have I ridden and not been rained on. :?
Maybe I should invest in some rain gear. I'm sure if I was prepared it wouldn't rain at all.
That's why I check doppler radar images before I leave my house. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
Pinwheel said:
Murphy's Law prevails once again. Out riding and I get rained on yet again. Only twice have I ridden and not been rained on. :?
Maybe I should invest in some rain gear. I'm sure if I was prepared it wouldn't rain at all.
Think about it this way, at least you got to ride! It snowed here this morning ... again :( !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,411 Posts
lifegetter said:
That's why I check doppler radar images before I leave my house. :wink:
I love the Weather Channel. I don't even get out of bed until I've seen "Your Local on the 8s." Despite living in the (normally) rainy Pacific Northwest, I've gone 9,000 miles and nine months and only needed my rainsuit once, on a weekend when I knew it was going to rain and rode anyway (and it poured! For two days straight from Seattle to Portland and back, it never let up.) I highly recommend Nelson-Rigg motorcycle rain suits now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lifegetter said:
That's why I check doppler radar images before I leave my house. :wink:
I checked it on Saturday and it didn't show anything around this area. Guess I checked the wrong news channel's weather.
Now yesterday. We were suppose to ride over to someone's house off of 610--I stayed home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
925 Posts
I rode to work this morning in a thunderstorm. I had no other choice, since my Jeep is not currently running. I hate rain :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,363 Posts
Randy,

I use Weather Underground also. My daughter works for a government weather agency at Offutt Airforce Base. Weather Underground is usually more accurate than the local forecasts, the TV weather channel, or what my daughter tells me. Plus you can check weather forcasts for your entire route if heading out on an interstate tour. I think it is great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
496 Posts
Well as hairy as your posted picture is JD, I can imagine why you don't like rain :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
925 Posts
Evelyn said:
Well as hairy as your posted picture is JD, I can imagine why you don't like rain :wink:
Didn't you know?...Wookie hair is rain repellent!!! :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Pinwheel said:
lifegetter said:
That's why I check doppler radar images before I leave my house. :wink:
I checked it on Saturday and it didn't show anything around this area. Guess I checked the wrong news channel's weather.
Now yesterday. We were suppose to ride over to someone's house off of 610--I stayed home.
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/weather/dop ... ml?246,125
Houston doppler radar. Well, I knew it was going to rain today, but forgot to take the car instead, so...

One problem with rainsuit in Houston is that it is too hot. I think if I wore my one-piece rainsuit today I might have been cooked...eh, steamed. On the other hand, such sauna bath might have helped me lose some weight...
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top