Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know about rain clear gel for windshields. I was told that it is like rain-x and works on acrylic windshields without any problems.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I've never used that particular product, but found some aircraft stuff that they claim is safe for all plastic windshields. I just put it on last week, and have not hit rain yet (though this afternoon is a distinct possibility). I'll report out on how it does when I have more data.

It was a merry chase indeed, finding something that claims to be safe on plastic! It's the bottom item on this page:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/c ... ercoat.php

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Rain-X will turn some acryllic windscreens cloudy when used for very long. I think Clearview says it it OK to use it on their windscreens though. Just using the Honda cleaner/polish product on mine seems to work well enough. I use that stuff on most of the scooter surfaces and on my helmet faceshields, and I've used it extensively on other motorcycles as well. Very good stuff!

·
Registered
761 Posts
pauljo said:
Rain-X will turn some acryllic windscreens cloudy when used for very long. I think Clearview says it it OK to use it on their windscreens though. Just using the Honda cleaner/polish product on mine seems to work well enough. I use that stuff on most of the scooter surfaces and on my helmet faceshields, and I've used it extensively on other motorcycles as well. Very good stuff!
So, Pauljo, you have been using a Honda Polisher (is this a wax?) on your Clearview for a while now? How has your results been? Have you noticed the same air pocket forming on the center of the screen thus creating a viewing hazard? Any fogging?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I use the Honda Polish / Cleaner on just about everything. Windshield, helmet & faceshield, bodywork, chrome, seat, wheels. (Of course you wouldn't use it on tires, brake disks, rubber hoses - just common sense.) I have been using it this way for about 12 years. I've had no issues with it. I probably only wash the bike 2 or 3 times a season, and clean it with this stuff in between washes. I've tried a similar product from Kawasaki that was good also, but I think they stopped marketing it. Lemon Pledge is not as good, because you get some wax build-up which looks like an oil slick on a dark colored bike. The Honda product does leave the surface feeling as though it has been lightly waxed - and it does help the windscreen and helmet faceshield shed water. So I think there is some wax in it. After 66,000 miles my Kawasaki Concours looked like new, and this was all I ever used on it. I always carry a can wrapped in a towel when riding, and use it to "de-bug" when I stop. What is nice is that in comes in two sizes. I keep a large can in the garage, and carry a small one in the scooter glovebox.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I recently purchased a product called Plexus and I'm really impressed. Spray it on and then wipe off with a soft cloth and it comes up looking fantastic. Use it on all plastic body parts including the windshield. Seems to remove bugs really well also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts