Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
The good news is: we are NOT supplying any radio system. We're making a housing so that you can install any radio you want. Some folks want to spend $39.95 for a radio, some don't mind spending $500. Our housing will support all industry standards for size and mounting, but the choice of sound systems is up to the end user. We decided there is absolutely no way we can second guess who wants what type of audio/radio/transmitter system.
jac

·
Registered
822 Posts
jacvinson said:
The good news is: we are NOT supplying any radio system. We're making a housing so that you can install any radio you want. Some folks want to spend $39.95 for a radio, some don't mind spending $500. Our housing will support all industry standards for size and mounting, but the choice of sound systems is up to the end user. We decided there is absolutely no way we can second guess who wants what type of audio/radio/transmitter system.
jac
Could I possibly ask you to elaborate a little more on the housing? Where would this housing install? Would the housing have built-in speakers? If yes, would we get a choice as to different speakers (ie: some stereos put out 10 watts, others 400). I seem to recall seeing a housing available already, but I'm willing to wait for yours in that it would be specific for the Burgers. Both 400 and 650?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Unfortunately, since it's in the mold building stage I can't elaborate much on the design. We probably won't be offering it for the 400, just the 650. That could change with demand, but tooling up is very expensive and the 650 is probably the stronget market.
jac

·
Registered
822 Posts
jacvinson said:
Unfortunately, since it's in the mold building stage I can't elaborate much on the design. We probably won't be offering it for the 400, just the 650. That could change with demand, but tooling up is very expensive and the 650 is probably the stronget market.
jac
Thanks for the info! I have a 650 so I'm waiting with baited breath! Any ETA at this time?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I feel like that lady in the Mervyns commercial a few years back. She's looking into the store going "OPEN...OPEN...OPEN!!" :D
Really looking forward to seeing this setup.

·
Registered
822 Posts
SilverBurgie said:
I feel like that lady in the Mervyns commercial a few years back. She's looking into the store going "OPEN...OPEN...OPEN!!" :D
Really looking forward to seeing this setup.
More like that Golden Retriever (or is it a Labrador) in that milk commercial. You know, the one that has a mouth full of peanut butter and the commercial spends like 20 seconds showing nothing but the dog licking the peanut butter from within his mouth... then the famous "Got Milk"?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Progress?

Hey Jac,
How's that radio setup going? It's been a while since we last heard about it. Please give us an update.
Thanks!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi Jac,
I'd be interested in a humpbag for the 400. Especially if it incorporates the drink holder (and could help keep the bevvie warm/cold via a neoprene sleeve or something).
:D I've tried my Camelbak--but on the days when I most need it, it doesn't let the air flow as well through my jacket vents. Keep a bottle in the glove box but that's awkward to open and close while at a light.
Cheers,
Bryna

·
Registered
370 Posts
New products;

Due to the learning curve at the Scoot Tour Rally in Arkansas, we've launched a few new products. The trailer hitch the the very latest, don't even have pics yet but have a great working model. As with all our products, NO bike mods are made. NO drilling, NO cutting, and best of all, to install the hitch, you don't even have to remove any body parts, and the hitch is completely (except for the ball plate of course) hidden.
We put together some non-skid Pocket Liner kits. Based on my own experience. My cell phone and / or PDA gets scuffed by sliding around in the pockets, so we made a template and have several new sets of premade floor pocket liners for both top boxes, and a two piece set (all four come together) for the large bottom box. So far the options are:
Stainless steel trimmed black foam, Suede, Cork, and basic black. All are peel and stick with the exception of the basic black. Of course you don't "have" to peel the back off if you didn't want it to be permanent, but it sure helps keep my miscellaneous stuff from sliding around while riding.
Olur site was updated, (and the PayPal link error repaired) yesterday.
The Radio housing, due to the placement and the nature of the beast is taking the longest to complete. We got the prototype for testing and made some minor attachment changes, and cosmetic suggestions and sent it back to the designers to fine tune before we pull the final mold.
thanks for the questions. And thanks for the suggestions.
Hopefully see you soon at an event.
Jac vinson
http://www.rvtoys.net

·
Registered
370 Posts
Glove Box liners are in stock.

pauljo said:
Jac,

Be sure to announce when those glovebox liners are ready. I definitely want a set.
Hi Paul'
We are shipping the glove box liners already. They come in sets of 4 pads. One each for the two upper pockets and a set of two for the large bottom box.
The deluxe set is a Stainless steel (in looks only) overlayed with a black foam pad. The Black overlay is put on to allow about a 1/2" stainless steel border. That's what's pictured at our site.
The options are:
Deluxe Stainless/overlayed with non-skid black pad = $15.00
Self adhesive Cork Pad = $10
self adhesive Suede material = $10
none adhesive, (but still none skid) black foam = $ 10

They are about 1/16" thick. The self adhesive versions DO NOT have to be peeled and stuck, you can leave the backing on if you don't want to have them stuck down..
We don't have a pay link for the pockets yet, but our phone # is at the site:
http://www.rvtoys.net
WE DO HAVE the new trailer hitch. Very clean, almost completely out of site, and EASY TO INSTALL, No drilling, NO cutting, can be installed in about 30 minutes using just a couple of regular tools. Very cool even if I do say so myself

8)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Re: Hump Bags??

NYBubba said:
JacVinson; Are the hump bags for the 650s or 400s. I have a AN400K3 and am interested in a hump bag for it.
We changed part of the hump bag design to make it an easier install and should have the final product about the end of the month. At least for teh 650, the 400 will be shortly after that. Probably middle of Oct.
thanks
jac

21 - 35 of 35 Posts