Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you install a radio or cd player in the burg 400? If so, where do you put the CD player and speakers? Any pictures available in the 400 model?

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Ohio,

See the "Intercom" thread in the "Aftermarket & Accessories" area for lots of information. I installed a Baehr unit in the underseat compartment, with a CB radio mounted on the dash.

Mike

·
Registered
231 Posts
There are many pictures available on the main page of the Burgmanusa web site about stereo installation. However most are for the 650. Maybe by looking at what people have done with the 650 may help you with ideas for the 400.

·
Registered
428 Posts
There is a lady named Bonnie on the Burgman Yahoo Group whose husband installed a radio and gps on here 400, and then created a GREAT Word file with pictures, directions, product sources, the whole deal. I've got it but it cannot be uploaded to most of these sites due to it's size. I'll email it to you if you want it.

Peace.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sdrider said:
Mine is finally installed! Go here for pics and info:

http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/album07

Neil (sdrider)

Great pictures! I like where you have your speakers, but my question is, what happens when it rains?

How come nobody ever puts the battery in the glove box? To me it seems that it would be easier to wire and install everything by putting the head piece on the other side of the battery?

·
Registered
25 Posts
You wrote:

Great pictures! I like where you have your speakers, but my question is, what happens when it rains?

Ah, what is "rain"? Oh, is that the wet stuff that falls from the sky? We don't see it here much in San Diego and I never ride in the rain if it ever does happen to rain. We get very little here. Almost none from April to November.

Neil

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What about in the glove box? Why does nobody put it there? Thats where I'm going to isntall mine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
OhioGuy said:
What about in the glove box? Why does nobody put it there? Thats where I'm going to isntall mine.

I tried it, but there is not enough room on a 400. Maybe on a 650? The box is big enough. That would be the ideal location really.

- Neil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts