Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Radial vs other tires

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Dave_J 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So I'm searching on Motorcycle Superstore (they have a coupon code :) ) and they list Pirelli Diablo tires. Free shipping. (I have a 08 B 400)

So are there pros or cons to using radial tires on Burgie? I know it came with "Hoops" :D but I was thinking of getting a pair of Pirellis ahead of the next tire-changing time.

#2 · (Edited)
I found those to give me the best cost per mile of any tire I ran on my 400. Some were cheaper (Shinko) some gave me more miles (Metzler) but Diablos were the cheapest cost per mile. Can't go wrong with Motorcycle Superstore. As far as the radial vs non radial question I'm running a non radial on the front & a radial CT on the rear of my 650 with no problem. ;)

Reactions: Dave_J
#3 ·
Radial tires rule! I have a new Pirelli Diablo radial on the back of my Kymco 500 and it works very well.

Sam:D

#4 ·
#11 ·
Been perusing this conversation, along with others, as I am beginning to look around at replacing my rear tire. So my thoughts dithered on bias vs radial. I believe I'll stick with radial.

I found these tires on BikeBandit and had not seen them before. Anyone know of these AVON tires. Doubt their mascara would do well in the rain

http://www.bikebandit.com/tires-tubes/motorcycle-tires/avon-am63-viper-stryke-scooter-tire[/QUOTE

This is the first time I have seen Avon's that will fit the Burgman

#6 ·
Yeah, me too, I'm inclined to go with the ROUND ones!

#10 ·
The stock rear tire is a 160/60 HR 14 and Radial Ply. There are other sizes and Bias ply tires too. I like a 150/70 14 as it gets the speedo more close to right.

You know I have read a ton of things on here, I can get the stock rear OEM tire installed at $120 and the front $92 bucks. The tire works and I feel safe. I have looked at a ton of other ones online but the amount for install makes it better just to order the typical Stock tire
I have never seen a Bridgestone BattleAx 160/60 HR 14 for less than $120 WITHOUT mounting. Lowest my dealer wanted was $145 plus $40 mounting. I have been mounting my own tires.

But I also run a 120/70 HR 15 Bias ply Michelin Gold Standard (Discontinued) and a 155/65 HR 14 Car Radial on the rear.

#9 ·
You know I have read a ton of things on here, I can get the stock rear OEM tire installed at $120 and the front $92 bucks. The tire works and I feel safe. I have looked at a ton of other ones online but the amount for install makes it better just to order the typical Stock tire

#15 ·
Oh my, I just went out and looked at my tire stock. I am out of stock on Burgman 650 front tires. Thought I had 1 Gold Standard left but nope. So now I am looking as the front is at the tread wear bars and we are in the heaviest RAIN season lasting from Jan 1st thru Dec 29th. ;) Being a "Rounder" and Great NorthWet rider, once its down to the wear bars, they are done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.