Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked on this forum and others, but I still can't find a definitive answer to a problem I'm having.

When I pull in the garage after work (a short ride of less than five miles), the idle will hang around 2,000 - 2,200 RPMs for up to 30 seconds before returning to a more normal idle (but doesn't return smoothly). In the past I've also had this happen in traffic before, but usually seasonal (spring/fall).

I'm thinking ISC motor here, but the motor's piston does go up and down and the electrical (ohms) on the device check in to specs. No voltage reading was given for the coupler so I didn't check that.

Has anyone else had this problem? Along with this, I'm now having it seem like the "fast idle" isn't really working first thing in the morning. The temps are now down in the 70s or 80s in the morning, but still reaching the 90+ range in the afternoon.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Do these beasts have a TPS (like my Saturn)?
Wonder if there is a vacuum leak somewhere.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, they have both a TPS and a secondary system.

I haven't been able to find a vacuum leak.

I just got back from a gentle "semi-country" ride and yes, after the beast was very warmed up, it would idle a bit high but now it's coming back down quicker. It's also about 20 degrees cooler out (lower 80s) so I'm wondering if there's just something really strange in the programming of this bike that says "hey, it's how out here - let's idle around 2,000 RPMs".

I also found a note in the service manual on how to properly set the ISC body. I did that yesterday - maybe that had somehow gotten a bit out of whack (it can, according to the service manual) and now it's back in whack. In fact, my cold high speed idle actually came on for the first time in a long time (about 80 degrees) and it hadn't been doing that in the mornings on the way to work, and the bike would sometimes die on the way to work when I slowed down or stopped.

Still, I'm looking for ideas as to what might be happening.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts