Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kudos to that mitch guy, great videos!

A couple comments:

Didn't have 32 mm socket, a 1-1/4 inch will work though.
Wipe clean the triangular suspension piece, at the rear wheel bearing, mine had gunk there. I hate gunk. The Youtube video shows a really clean scoot.
I will probably replace the two suspension bolts with Metric threaded studs. I just don't like bolts threaded into aluminum. I don't see any contraindications for doing this. (Same for the oil filter cover, a good place to use threaded studs and nuts.)
Wow the stock can is HEAVY :shock: . I can see why people replace them. You could probably shed 5% or more of the scooter weight with a replacement can.

Hoping to get tire changed soon. No sadder sight than a scoot parked, in pieces, on a nice day. 8)

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
"Wow the stock can is HEAVY . I can see why people replace them. You could probably shed 5% or more of the scooter weight with a replacement can."

Don't you think that it makes any difference what the rider weighs.???? A diet can shed that 5% AND save you on your food bill at the same time...!!! :lol: :thumbup:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Remember...on studs----bike wasn't designed that way----system as it is works fine and you would maybe have thread trouble after 50 tire changes or so...No body rides that much. And how would you retain studs in case not designed for that---what depth? Same on oil filter---what is there works fine. Am on second Burgman, my GS500E went 62,000 miles with similar filter arrangement with no trouble with bolts as designed.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
v8eyedoc said:
"Wow the stock can is HEAVY . I can see why people replace them. You could probably shed 5% or more of the scooter weight with a replacement can."

Don't you think that it makes any difference what the rider weighs.???? A diet can shed that 5% AND save you on your food bill at the same time...!!! :lol: :thumbup:
Yep the less pies you eat the faster it will go and you would save money and get healthy as a bonus.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
"Yep the less pies you eat the faster it will go and you would save money and get healthy as a bonus."

AMEN....................!!!!!!!!! :lol: :thumbup:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ralph M said:
Yep the less pies you eat the faster it will go and you would save money and get healthy as a bonus.
But then you don't get to eat pies. You can see the bind I'm in.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Apoc69 said:
Ralph M said:
But then you don't get to eat pies. You can see the bind I'm in.

Pies, Speed, pies, speed, pies, speed, I have it we keep eating the pies and fit a turbo,
best of both worlds, you know it make sense.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
v8eyedoc said:
"Yep the less pies you eat the faster it will go and you would save money and get healthy as a bonus."
Pie? I love pie! Are we meeting for pie? I rarely get pie. YUM :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts