Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone ever used this stuff on their garage floor, and did it stand up to the centerstand? I'm thinking about using it but that centerstand is my one concern.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Which coating are you considering. I've used a product that effectively lays a plastic layer on the concrete that has worked amazingly well ( painted the floor white 30 years ago, and while it is no longer white, it has held up). Just make sure your floor is as clean as possible. Grease spills and stains tend to cause adhesion problems. If you want to protect against bike stand issues, I'd jut throw a piece of door skin down use that under my center stand.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Great product! It has been on my garage floor for a couple years now. It will (after appropriate curing time) tolerate a side- or center-stand, but we cut a couple of rubber mats as protectors anyway.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
don't know why I didn't think about using some sort of mat under the stand. Thanks for that suggestions guys.

·
Administrator
18,331 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Butterthebean said:
don't know why I didn't think about using some sort of mat under the stand. Thanks for that suggestions guys.
I use a 6'x4' piece of carpet under mine which makes it easier on my knees when I check the tire pressure or oil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts