Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Every new years and July 4th it sounds like WW3 around here, with high aerial explosions that literally shake the house (and most fireworks except for sparklers are illegal here too). Last night they lasted from around 11 to 1:30, rain started a little later. Fourth of July is usually about two weeks of pyrotechnics. I don't mind them so much myself but the dog is terrified of them.

Reactions: Rusty J

·
Super Moderator
12,445 Posts
There were some definite booms here.
The (annoying) cat was a bit distraught. He almost paused while eating a treat SWMBO hooked him up with.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Every new years and July 4th it sounds like WW3 around here, with high aerial explosions that literally shake the house (and most fireworks except for sparklers are illegal here too). Last night they lasted from around 11 to 1:30, rain started a little later. Fourth of July is usually about two weeks of pyrotechnics. I don't mind them so much myself but the dog is terrified of them.
Small artillery barrage here.
Our dog wasn't scared, he was outraged.
Eventually his barking made the booms and bangs stop.
As far as he's concerned, that's what did it anyhow. :)

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS
1,712 Posts
Is that a bikini thong or a face mask? Does it really matter? I wonder... :unsure: 😁

Aliens won't tell you "the rest of the story" until they know you know they're out there for sure. So what really happened in TX will stay a mystery for a while longer.

Yep, there is definitely something behind that rock out there.

I have an early warning system. My Min-Pin Terrier mix gets WAY crazy paranoid even when the garbage truck picks up the trash or when it LOOKS like the weather could start in with thunder and lightning... but doesn't. So when the mega church or the mall, both just down the street, start celebrating things like the new year I know it long before I hear it. But I also have to track down where my little dog is trying to hide before she does some damage to the furniture... just follow the whinning.
BTW- I hate when people yell at their dogs. From the dogs perspective it sounds like their owners are trying to out bark them so they bark even more feeling that they are being encouraged to continue. Some people have less intelligence than the dogs they own.

So, will I get buzzed if I just rub that stuff from the distilleries on my hands? I guess it's time to get my hands even more sanitized than before. It would be no big deal then if the bars closed, just go home and sanitize... a lot.

Sorry, couldn't resist the urge to respond to everyone. 😁

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS
1,712 Posts
Sounds like words from experience.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650
10,062 Posts
I miss the days of seeing/hearing about rides and events going on in our biking world. I don't miss major media. My goal for the year is to ride more and read less if it comes from a computer or TV.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Absolutely, I'm fortunate to live in a mild climate with plenty of 45 + degree winter days with light or no rain. I'm happy to socially distance with a packed sandwich and couple bottles of water. I enjoyed a chicken burrito in the parking lot from a walk up window 100 miles from home last week. The southern Oregon coast is beautiful in winter.

·
Premium Member
3,643 Posts
ByronW,
I was going to say something witty about your new face masks and Mexican food but I just don’t have the gumption today.

Reactions: ByronW

·
Premium Member
3,643 Posts
I know a place that serves some pretty awesome gumption at a reasonable price, but the only have that nasty dirt colored refreshing beverage
Thanks, Feeling Better Already.

Reactions: Blacktruck

·
Super Moderator
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650
10,062 Posts
Thanks, Feeling Better Already.
@DarisPakar
Man that video brings back memories. I remember as a much younger man watching Justin Wilson on TV. Always entertaining and back then almost exotic as my world was a lot smaller back then. I'm glad you are feeling better. It's an easy time to get the blahs. Not much riding even for me right now. Too cold and/or wet to get out much. Nothing on the TV I want to see. This too shall pass.
Have a good weekend there.

·
Administrator
20,204 Posts
"How Y'all Are?"

" I gharawntee it"

When asked if he was a Gourmet Chef, Justin would say “A gourmet is somebody that’s an epicurean. But a gourmand is somebody that’s a P-I-G hog and that’s what I am.”

Never heard of Justin (JOOS-tain) Wilson. ;)

Our son would sit in front of the TV and just giggle at Justin.

During the great depression, "Wilson used to say that he “granulated” from high school at 16, then spent five years at Louisiana State University “majoring in girls” before he gave up on college without a degree. He “hoboed around the country,” picking fruit, washing dishes, digging ditches and whatever other work the Depression afforded. "

·
Super Moderator
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650
10,062 Posts
Back when TV was entertaining and you weren't worried about letting the kids watch it. Justin Wilson and then Jerry Clower from Yazoo City Mississippi, a couple of favorites from days gone by. There were others too but those two really stuck out for their humor and humility. Back to our regularly scheduled quiet discussions now. 🛵

·
Administrator
20,204 Posts
1979 Sitting in Witchta Falls Tx on Sunday watching Jerry Clower's 'John Wayne Theater'

Reactions: Blacktruck

·
Premium Member
3,643 Posts
In the 70’s I grew up about 60 miles from Columbus, OH and about 90 mile from Cincinnati..... we always got three tv stations from Columbus great but in the winter if we used a pipe wrench we could rotate the antenna and almost get one station from Cincinnati.

The All Night Theater ....from midnight -6a.m. ....Some crazy guy was EMCEE and the show was sponsored by a brewery....The guy would be plastered by morning. Maybe DogBoy remembers?

21 - 40 of 41 Posts