Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's quiet out there....TOO quiet....

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just know there's a conspiracy theory lurking out there behind that big rock....I can feel it...

Reactions: Rusty J

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well, people are indeed out there thinking of doing bad stuff. Christmas Day some weirdo blew up a bomb here in Nashville. And boy was it quiet before then.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Sorry for not stirring the pot....I’ve been cleaning my desk for the New Year.

This should make you get up and go for a ride:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, people are indeed out there thinking of doing bad stuff. Christmas Day some weirdo blew up a bomb here in Nashville. And boy was it quiet before then.
That one is bizarre in the way it went down. Thankful that only the bomber was killed. I think the question on most peoples' minds is "Why?".

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for not stirring the pot....I’ve been cleaning my desk for the New Year.

This should make you get up and go for a ride:

Lol. Don't expect any big revelations from the government about intelligent space aliens and craft.

My new year's resolution is to clean off my desk...so I've got a year to work on that...

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Reactions: John Holbrook

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
They all went to the parler troll site, which is fine with me.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tonight you can blame it on the fireworks instead of the dog. Especially good if you don't have a dog.

Reactions: mikeyMarine

·
Registered
203 Posts
Gonna be quiet here in British Columbia tonight as the Provincial Health Officer has banned all alcohol sales after 8PM. No bars, restaurants, liquor stores or any place else can sell or serve any alcohol after 8PM. Gotta curb that "irresponsible behaviour" to keep us all "safe". Guests are not allowed in my house; I would get a $1260 ticket for hosting. Everyone else gets a $260 fine for attending. No questions are allowed or that's another $260 for disobedience and another $260 if you don't immediately sign your ticket. Although the Ontario Finance Minister went to St Barts in the Caribbean. He posted social media pix as though he was home in the province. He has to come home as soon as practicable. No penalties as "he's only human and made a mistake". We're all in this together.... kinda.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Gonna be quiet here in British Columbia tonight as the Provincial Health Officer has banned all alcohol sales after 8PM. No bars, restaurants, liquor stores or any place else can sell or serve any alcohol after 8PM. Gotta curb that "irresponsible behaviour" to keep us all "safe". Guests are not allowed in my house; I would get a $1260 ticket for hosting. Everyone else gets a $260 fine for attending. No questions are allowed or that's another $260 for disobedience and another $260 if you don't immediately sign your ticket. Although the Ontario Finance Minister went to St Barts in the Caribbean. He posted social media pix as though he was home in the province. He has to come home as soon as practicable. No penalties as "he's only human and made a mistake". We're all in this together.... kinda.
I can Zoom with ya if you don’t want to drink alone 😂

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On my second glass of Brut....here's to 2021. 🥂🎆🛵

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Christmas Eve I opened an envelope from the IRS, was a bill for $33,000. Turns out it was a mistake on their part, but until my accountant opened Monday I didn't know how it would work out.

·
Administrator
20,198 Posts
Christmas Eve I opened an envelope from the IRS, was a bill for $33,000. Turns out it was a mistake on their part, but until my accountant opened Monday I didn't know how it would work out.
In 2019 I converted funds from my traditional IRA into my Roth IRA. Ended up getting a Tax due billing statement and fine for not quarterly witholding. It came to $16,253. It took all year but + market changes, standard Dividend and Capital Gains dividens I have almost broken even.....

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
prime examples of why you should keep yer money buried in a couple oil drums under the still.
In my case a coffee can would suffice. And there'd be room left over for an emergency supply of coffee.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It WAS quiet here in BC, Canada. Not even any illegal fireworks. Of course with all alcohol sales and serving stopped at 8PM by provincial order and rain falling at over .3 inches per hour.... It's still raining at almost two inches since midnight.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts