Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new HJC modular helmet. The "D" rings are very awkward to connect or disconnect. I tried the Powermadd speed clip. It would not accept the strap width. The E clip brand was harder to use then the D rings. Is there anything on the market that can be added to an HJC helmet that you can recommend. My old HJC IS-33 helmet didn't have this problem.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
I have an Echo Quick Release Strap Buckle. I use them for all my helmets. My straps are 1 inch wide and squeeze into the Echo slot of 7/8 inch wide. I have been using one on my favorite helmet almost everyday of the year for 3 years. It holds up well but I might change it out just to be on the safe side. If your strap is 1 inch wide or less, this will work for you.

http://www.jafrum.com/Echo-Quick-Release-Helmet-Buckle-White.jpg

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Oh, they come in different colors. Mine are black.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Hammer I've even seen them come with skulls and different designs and colors all in one pack. I use the black ones like you have. I have one on a helmet that I've used for five years and it still works as good as the day I put it on.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I use the Fast Hook helmet strap clips on my KBC 3/4 and HJC modular helmets. Personally proven to keep the helmet secured in a recent accident.

Spare unit for sale. $2 + shipping.

Missing the curved adapter in the lower left corner.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Yup, Echo Quick release works great on my two HJCs.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I bought the Echo Quick Release when I bought my helmet. Hated it. It was harder to fasten and unfasten than just using the D-Rings. Just offering another opinion.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
My AFX-55 helmet has the ratchet style quick release - much easier than fumbling with D-rings.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
My HJC helmet has a small snap
on the end of the strap...I slide
the strap loose, up to the snap.
I don't take the strap completely
loose from the D-rings. Even with
my big head, I can still get my
helmet on & off.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
helmet chin strap problems

My HJC helmet has a small snap
on the end of the strap...I slide
the strap loose, up to the snap.
I don't take the strap completely
loose from the D-rings. Even with
my big head, I can still get my
helmet on & off.
Sounds worth trying. Thanks for the tip.

Marv

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
My first helmet had those D-rings, after that I made it a point that any helmet I got had a quick release. However it is good to know that one can be added if I find the perfect helmet{other than a quick release that is}. Then I can make it completely perfect. However I am still looking for the ONE.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts