Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a great trip to New Brunswick Canada on my 2003 Malossified Burgman 400, I spotted, on my return home to NJ, a 2003 Burgman 650 for sale at an independent motorcycle shop in VT. The former owner had dropped the 650 when his wife was a passenger and she refused to ride again, and so he was selling it. [At least that is what I was told].

The only damage to the 650 were a couple of paint scrapes on the right side, one of which is down to the black gel coat, and a 3/4'' hairline crack at the top of the right rear fender under the tail light. I traded the 400 and cash for the 650.

I would appreciate any advice/information on how to fix the scratches and scrapes and crack on my own. Does Suzki sell touch up paint tubes?

Many thanks.

Jerry

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Jerry

Here is a link for the paint and how to tips

http://www.color-rite.com/CRPLfactoryColors.php, plus urethane and primer

To get it "right" is not easy. Takes practice. The prep sanding is probably the hardest part. Any imperfection will be "highlighted" by the top coat.

A good epoxy should stabilize the hairline from the back side

Ride it till it gets cold, take the offensive pieces inside, and try it. You should have a couple of months to screw it up and nobody will know

Bill

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Jerry if you need a service manual for the 650 send me a pm me and we will see if we can come to agreement on price. I have a service manual for a 650k3 ride safe and enjoy Dewight

·
Registered
611 Posts
Black is the hardest color to repaint and not show a repair. If you don't like the spot after painting - you might consider covering it with a decal, pinstriping, reflective tape...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts