Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several so here goes .

I am using the manual mode mostly as a way to slow my bike down . Is this hard on the drive belt ? Same thing with the Power Drive .

It seems that I get the best mileage by getting the bike up to speed and then selecting the manual mode for 6th gear . Does anyone have better suggestions ?

What kind of MPG is normal .? Yesterday , I got over 55mpg .

Feel free to answer any or all questions .

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I am using the manual mode mostly as a way to slow my bike down . Is this hard on the drive belt ? Same thing with the Power Drive . The only real danger is downshifting in manual as sometimes the engine will downshift just as you downshift and you can go from 4th to 2nd.

It seems that I get the best mileage by getting the bike up to speed and then selecting the manual mode for 6th gear . Does anyone have better suggestions ? This has been a big discussion on the forums. I personally do this. However, sometimes when I shift to 6th gear, there is no change in RPM's, so the engine is already there.

What kind of MPG is normal .? Yesterday , I got over 55mpg . This varies a lot as each bike is slightly different from each other and the riders all have different throttle habits.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you . I am just starting out on this bike and it is nice to get some feedback from other owners .

·
Registered
735 Posts
On the MPG question, my K4 got 52mpg once (summer, 200-mile rural ride, 60mph or under, pure gasoline) and 44mpg another time (long trip on Hwy 1 in northern CA riding into gale-force headwinds, winter-blend CA gas). In everyday riding on gasohol garbage it probably averages 48. The 52mpg was with the original shield installed, I never saw that again after I switched to the Clearview XL. On the older 650s, there's no "overdrive" in manual, to get lowest engine RPM we shift into Auto mode above 50mph or so and the RPM drops a little.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
OP you will likely end settling on letting the computer part of the ECVT do it's job while you just ride.
The manual portion goes unused for most riders here except as noted on occasion on the slab.

Throttle control is the key to smooth riding....i'm still jerky on occasion as I'm always going between the Burgman and a clutched bike.

And the Power button in twists is a total delight.

Enjoy ....my Burgman 650 Exec is the best all around bike I've owned in 50 years of riding...spread the word.

These two bits of info will tell you just how good

http://www.onewheeldrive.net/2006/10/04/scoot-touring-the-honda-silverwing-and-suzuki-burgman/

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/12-general-discussion/70658-high-praise-650-burgman.html

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about the suspension ? What is the best setting for a 300lb guy ?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts