Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about buying an '09 Burgman 650 with 6200 miles on the clock--love the upgrade in power from a 400. The owner doesnt have the original manual, not sure whats normal---was showing 3 bars on the temp gauge when I was test riding. That about right?

Thnx in advance for any advice.!

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
That’s right....take the Vin # to a Suzuki Dealership and have them pull the maintenance records and recall notices....see if the coolant has been changed recently if not you will want to change all fluids when you get it .

Hope this site will help you:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yes, 3 bars is what mine indicates, Haven't seen any higher even when the fan turns on.

·
Registered
271 Posts
With my 2011 model, I have coolant bar envy. I had a CRF 450X which I added a Vapor gauge to. The Vapor gauge gave me a coolant temp in °F. I loved watching it correspond to load and air flow. With no gauge at all in the 2011, I always wonder. Give me a gauge!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys. Well I sold the 400, and dipped my toes in the 650 pool. I bought the bike, and the previous owner said he just changed the oil, though the change oil indicator is on. Probably didnt know how to reset it. Me neither--have to research that. It does need a new set of skins pretty soon, so will look for recommendations on that too. Hope that rear tire isnt a bear to pull out !
So far I am really enjoying the addl power, the weight is no biggie,having owned some really heavy bikes over the years.
I had a good half hour ride in city traffic, 90+ degree heat, and it never strayed from the 3 bars. Really miss the analog gauge though. Love the smoothness of the twin too. Havent tried the power switch either, thats for tomorrows ride :cool:

So far very glad to be a 650 guy!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. Well I sold the 400, and dipped my toes in the 650 pool. I bought the bike, and the previous owner said he just changed the oil, though the change oil indicator is on. Probably didnt know how to reset it. Me neither--have to research that. It does need a new set of skins pretty soon, so will look for recommendations on that too. Hope that rear tire isnt a bear to pull out !
So far I am really enjoying the addl power, the weight is no biggie,having owned some really heavy bikes over the years.
I had a good half hour ride in city traffic, 90+ degree heat, and it never strayed from the 3 bars. Really miss the analog gauge though. Love the smoothness of the twin too. Havent tried the power switch either, thats for tomorrows ride :cool:

So far very glad to be a 650 guy!
Link to a thread from 2006 with oil change indicator reset instructions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts